By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi,

quick question: Is Cryosatellite also seeded during the dilemma phase?

The Rulebook only mentions artifacts that are seeded face down, Cryosatellite, which ich seeded at a space location and therefore cannot be seeded face up, is not mentioned.

Or is it being seeded like a dilemma, just face down, along with the personnel/artifact under it?

Just want to clarify in which phase Cryostatellite must be seeded and HOW.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:46 am Hi,

The Rulebook only mentions artifacts that are seeded face down, Cryosatellite, which ich seeded at a space location and therefore cannot be seeded face up, is not mentioned.

Or is it being seeded like a dilemma, just face down, along with the personnel/artifact under it?

Yeah Cryosat and any [1E-AU] personnel or additional artifact seed face down under the mission.

Just make sure you arrange your stack so the Cryosat is encountered first, otherwise the rest will be mis-seeds.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote:Hi,

All artifacts are seeded like dilemmas, during the dilemma phase. All cards seeded like artifacts are seeded like dilemmas during the dilemma phase.

See also Cryosatellite's glossary entry
Cryosatellite
All cards seeded with this artifact count as seed cards. They are seeded one at a time, not as a group. See personnel - seeded.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Wait...what?
What do you mean by 'arrange'?

Let's say we have no shenanigans and the missions ins mine alone and my opponent has not seeded a copy of it.

So how do I 'arrange' that? (I have never used Cryosatellite and I am currently trying to understand some of the more bizarre aspects of the game)

The Rulebook says ...
3. Your Missions: Both players now create stacks in front of missions that they seeded. Once both players have placed all cards they wish to seed under their own missions, all stacks are seeded by placing each stack on top of any existing cards under the mission. These cards will therefore be encountered last.
How do I 'make sure' that the satellite is encountered first?
I simply put it 'on top' of my stack?

And my stack goes under my opponent's stack, to be encountered last?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
In a tabletop game, you always encounter the bottommost seed card first. That said, you would place the extra artifact and your [1E-AU] personnel on top of the Cryosatellite, so the cryo is encountered first.

In a Lackey game, you encounter the topmost seed card first. That said, you would place the extra artifact and your [1E-AU] personnel underneath of the Cryosatellite, so the cryo is encountered first.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation