By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:22 am One additional question about duals ...

Does my opponent need TWO Ceti Eels to eel my Dual Personnel?
Nope. Whatever happens to one happens to both.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Rulebook: Dual-Personnel Cards: Downloading Dual Personnel wrote: If a card allows the download of multiple personnel, all legal targets on a dual-personnel card must count towards the limits of the download. For example, suppose you use Ferengi Conference to download CIVILIANs with up to 11 [SD]. First, you download Jake and Nog. They are both CIVILIANs and both count, using 6 of your [SD]. Then, you download Deanna Troi on The Trois, using 2 of your [SD]. (Lwaxana is not a CIVILIAN, so her [SD] do not count.)
Do Jake and Nogcount as 6 even if they are downloaded in [Fed] mode? In that case Jake is not a "Ferengi CIVILIAN" and not a legal target; Nog is a valid target because of his species, not affiliation. (If compatibility might be a concern, assume Ferengi Conference was played on a Ferengi Trading Post.)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
...okay, yeah, take your Marvel No-Prize and please enjoy it. Which also means that hoss-drone's earlier post is technically correct under certain limited circumstances.

(That line really should say " [1E-Fer] CIVILIANS" and soon will. The hardest part of writing the Rulebook was often coming up with illustrative examples. In one case -- under the Colon Rule -- there's a made-up card to make the example work, although I wonder whether an appropriate new card title group has evolved in the years since it was written.)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for clarifying -- apologies if I came across as pedantic, the emphasized "always" in your first post made me think I had misunderstood something.

You're right that good illustrative examples are hard, especially if you wanted to contrast [Fer] Jake and Nog with The Trois. For the Colon Rule example, the only way I can think of avoiding a fictitous card to show that "X:Y" does not include "X" or "X:Z" is to use two different examples for X (e.g., Weyoun's Warship cannot download regular Engage Shuttle Operations; nor can Amanda Cole download Combat-Ready: Solidarity)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Rachmaninoff wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:54 pm Thanks for clarifying -- apologies if I came across as pedantic, the emphasized "always" in your first post made me think I had misunderstood something.
No, not at all. Apologies if I came across as disdainful; I was in fact merely embarrassed about that emphasized "always."
For the Colon Rule example, the only way I can think of avoiding a fictitous card to show that "X:Y" does not include "X" or "X:Z" is to use two different examples for X (e.g., Weyoun's Warship cannot download regular Engage Shuttle Operations; nor can Amanda Cole download Combat-Ready: Solidarity)
Yeah, that's where I ended up. Although, if Design ever makes a card that downloads / nullifies / specifically interacts with Q: A Dazzling Flash or Q: Into The Supernova, I'll be golden. (NOTE: "Helping a Rulebook example out" would be a terrible reason for Design to make a card, but I'll still keep my eyes peeled.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Wrong on all counts.

Download Third (a [SCC] drone), Fourth comes along for the ride.

Not with maturation chamber though, because you can only grab ❖ drones.

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]