First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:41 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:36 pm Seems like I shouldn't express an opinion, since it's a novel issue the R.C. may have to opine on. I have an opinion, and I like it, but I'd better talk to the R.C. first.

For now, the correct answer to this (I assume extremely rare?) situation is "Whatever your T.D. says" with a small side order of "if this were an episode of Star Trek, how do you and your gaming partner think the situation should resolve?"

:P
No, it's not a punt. Punts are substantive, just on narrow grounds.

What you just saw was a dodge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peUyLXrgYZ0
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I just woke up from dreaming about this situation. I didn’t play the black hole, but did have a Romulan ship cloaked at it. I was playing @Jono of all people, and he kept doing stuff that meant I couldn’t get away. I was confused and annoyed and helpless, which is my usual mental state when playing 1E. :shifty:

Anyway, I woke myself up when the dream shifted to watching Little Bit play a game and she revealed one of her books as a dilemma under her opponent’s mission. :lol:

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:23 am I just woke up from dreaming about this situation. I didn’t play the black hole, but did have a Romulan ship cloaked at it. I was playing @Jono of all people, and he kept doing stuff that meant I couldn’t get away. I was confused and annoyed and helpless, which is my usual mental state when playing 1E. :shifty:

Anyway, I woke myself up when the dream shifted to watching Little Bit play a game and she revealed one of her books as a dilemma under her opponent’s mission. :lol:
Which book?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
VioletBlaze wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:40 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:23 am I just woke up from dreaming about this situation. I didn’t play the black hole, but did have a Romulan ship cloaked at it. I was playing @Jono of all people, and he kept doing stuff that meant I couldn’t get away. I was confused and annoyed and helpless, which is my usual mental state when playing 1E. :shifty:

Which book?
Uncertain. Maybe something of the Dr. Seuss persuasion?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:41 am
VioletBlaze wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:40 pm

Which book?
Uncertain. Maybe something of the Dr. Seuss persuasion?
You will not pass this, ma'am I am.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:06 pm It's definitely sudden when you get Bladed into it.

I mean, sure if you see your opponent seed space and then self-seed a mission, it's not hard to figure out what's coming, but there's still a fair bit of gamesmanship involved.
And for all of that timing (because you need to get that Blade pretty much on a *specific* turn to avoid your opponent having a turn to bail)... you destroy one ship. I am OK with you being able to use a doorway, a mission seed, an artifact, and extremely specific timing to kill one cloaked ship. ;)
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]