By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Are Sha Ka Ree personal compatible with an affiliation if at least one personal in the away team or ship is also [SKR]? Let's say I'm playing TMP Klingons and Spock Son of Sarek is in the away team. Is Sybok now compatible because he can work with [SKR]? Can he Release This Pain of some very pained Klingon and hang out with the Klingon's now even if Spock goes away? If he is compatible with Spock, when does he become so? Can I report him to a [Kli] outpost if Spock is there?

I feel like I'm missing something quite obvious here, but can't anything in the rules or glossary that quite fits, beyond this entry for "compatible":
Your two non-[Bor] cards are compatible with each other if they belong to the same affiliation, or if at least one is Non-Aligned or Neutral, or if a card states they may "mix"
(emphasis mine)

Additionally, is [SKR] considered a faction?

EDIT: Never mind, I found this. What about other [SKR] personnel? I guess I'm still not totally clear on the mechanism.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Compatibility isn't transitive - each card in your AT/crew/force needs to be compatible with every other card.

To pick the easy example: Picard is [Fed]. Gowron is [Kli]. They aren't compatible.

If you seed a Fed/Kli treaty, now Picard and Gowron are compatible and can work together.

Add in Tomalak ([Rom]) He can't work with either of them.

We add a Fed/Rom treaty - now Picard and Tomalak can work together, and Picard and Gowron can, but Tomalak and Gowron can't so you can't put all three in a single group.

Simple enough, right? :P

Now, let's do Gowron and Spock SoS. Both [Kli] so they have built-in compatibility. Easy enough.

Add in Sybok, who has a specific restriction that he *only* is compatible with [NA] and [SKR]. So the same rules apply, just using slightly different tags - Sybok and Spock SoS are compatible (because Sybok says he works with [SKR]), Gowron and Spock are compatible by affiliation. Gowron and Sybok aren't - at least until he Releases His Pain. ;)

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Taking Sybok out of the equation because he complicates things, let's imagine Spock and Talbot are on a Klingon ship, I assume I could not play a non [SKR] Klingon because that would place at least one of them under house arrest, but which? If the situation were reversed and they were on a Fed ship would it matter?

Which raises the question, how do you even get Sybok with someone to play Release This Pain? He can't presumably can't beam over to your aligned ship or outpost because that would put him under house arrest, but your aligned personnel cannot beam over to him either, right?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
phaserihardlyknowher wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:31 pm Taking Sybok out of the equation because he complicates things,
Never a bad plan. :)
let's imagine Spock and Talbot are on a Klingon ship,
Problem. You have three pieces here - Spock, Talbot, and [Kli] ship (I'm gonna say K'Vort just for simplicity). So you have to check each pairing:
Spock and K'Vort are compatible by affiliation (both [Kli])
Talbot and Spock are compatible by gametext (both say they're compatible with [SKR], and each has it)
Talbot and K'Vort are *not* compatible (Fed vs Kli, and K'Vort doesn't have [SKR]), so you'd need a Fed/Kli treaty or similar.)

So you already have a house arrest.
If the situation were reversed and they were on a Fed ship would it matter?
Nope, just moves the problem to Spock vs [Fed] ship.

Now, to answer the wider question - if we move to a [NA] ship, then you can have Spock + Talbot + [NA] ship, but each additional body needs to either be [SKR] or [NA], because you don't have a way for a random [Fed] or [Kli] to be compatible with each other.

Which raises the question, how do you even get Sybok with someone to play Release This Pain? He can't presumably can't beam over to your aligned ship or outpost because that would put him under house arrest, but your aligned personnel cannot beam over to him either, right?
Planets (and planet facilities). You can have multiple away teams on a planet, and in fact incompatible folks *have* to be in separate ATs. But they're still present with each other. If it helps, think of Sybok as just playing Extreme Red Rover*. :D

* edit: in case "red rover" isn't as widely known a playground game as I think it is, you can substitute "cool kids in the school cafeteria" and get roughly the same point.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation