- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Please help me understand.
Scenario for context: My opponent has two personnel at a planet where he has processed ore: mining. I move my Valiant over and beam a nonaligned away team down from the ship and initiate personnel battle.

Question 1) If my nonaligned away team beam is from a Federation ship do they have attack restrictions?
Per the glossary an away team must be designated to a single ship or facility to be considered associated with.
Question 2) What does (associated with) mean?

Scenario for context: After Beaming up my nonaligned personnel I then move my Valiant over to my planet mission. Beam all but two cadets down to the planet and announced that my Federation personnel will attempt the mission. The dilemma combo is entertaining display than males love interest and Plague ship.
Question 3) May I designate an attempt of a mission with only half my personnel on the planet surface and thereby divide my away team?
The glossary states your compatible personnel aboard one ship or facility at one site or on one planet surface (outside of a facility or landed ship) must form a single away team or crew.
Question4) If yes may my unstopped nonaligned personnel on planet surface attack and kill Mila?
Thanks for your time.

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Bareil of Borg wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:54 pm Question 1) If my nonaligned away team beam is from a Federation ship do they have attack restrictions?
No, if the away team is all [NA] then you follow the attack restrictions for [NA], so standard attack restrictions.
Per the glossary an away team must be designated to a single ship or facility to be considered associated with.
Question 2) What does (associated with) mean?
I would say that only refers to dilemmas that involve beaming back to a ship or facility.
Question 3) May I designate an attempt of a mission with only half my personnel on the planet surface and thereby divide my away team?
No, it's an all or nothing thing. Unless the personnel are on a planet facility or landed ship they (or stopped) are considered one away team, even if you'd prefer to split them up.
Question4) If yes may my unstopped nonaligned personnel on planet surface attack and kill Mila?
As long as there's no [Fed] personnel around to ruin your fun, sure! But if they're on the surface they're considered part of the away team and so can't attack first.
(assuming I understand everything correctly)

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
VioletBlaze wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:42 pm
Bareil of Borg wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:54 pm Question 1) If my nonaligned away team beam is from a Federation ship do they have attack restrictions?
No, if the away team is all [NA] then you follow the attack restrictions for [NA], so standard attack restrictions.
[NA] have no attack restrictions.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
nobthehobbit wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:29 pm [NA] have no attack restrictions.
Pedantic, but I would argue that the [NA] attack restrictions are that they need OFFICER and Leadership present, and they may attack anyone.

Or to put it in terms of attributes, NA have Attack Restrictions=0, not "No Attack Restrictions" (An undefined variable that cannot be modified.)

-  
boromirofborg wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:04 pm
nobthehobbit wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:29 pm [NA] have no attack restrictions.
Pedantic, but I would argue that the [NA] attack restrictions are that they need OFFICER and Leadership present, and they may attack anyone.

Or to put it in terms of attributes, NA have Attack Restrictions=0, not "No Attack Restrictions" (An undefined variable that cannot be modified.)
The Rulebook doth say:
[Kli], [Kaz], [NA], and [Neu] have no attack restrictions. For example, your [Kli] Klingon Away Teams may attack any opposing Away Team, including another [Kli] Klingon Away Team.
(emphasis in original)

EDIT: "Affiliation attack restrictions" refer to what affiliation(s) each affiliation is allowed to attack if not attacked first, not to any (other) requirements for initiating battle.

-  
boromirofborg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:32 am @nobthehobbit fair enough. I was remembering the old rules that said Kazon have the Klingon attack restrictions. (None).
They do, yes. But they still need a leader present to initiate battle.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]