By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi guys,

am I assuming correctly that War Council on Tellarite Trading Post allows to report any [NA] CIVILIAN/V.I.P. to report there, not just [22] ?
(... and it does not even run contrary to Protect The Timeline, due to the report taking place at a facility)

Or is it the other way around - meaning that I can only report [22] personnel using War Council at the trading post?
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
War Council doesn't add any reporting capability - it just says, basically, "if you report someone here, and it fits War Council's criteria, it may play for free." You still have to follow reporting restrictions of whatever location you are reporting to.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I hadn't thought about combining War Council with Tellarite Trading Post. That being said, Tellarite Trading Post is a station and does not natively have reporting capabilities (ie: this card doesn't allow you to report other cards aboard). The thing that allows you to report aboard the Tellarite Trading Post is Smugglers' Rendezvous. This is relevant because War Council does not allow you to report [NA] aboard the facility, it says "once each turn, one such personnel reporting aboard may do so for free." Therefore you already have to be able to report such card and in this situation the only ones you could report are [22] .

-James M

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I read somewhere that allowing to seed War Council there, to allow a third free play was not just a conincidence, but rather an accept fact; based on the premise that such a deck would not be too strong.

Given your line of argumentation, which I understand and share (now), I think it is safe to assume that such a 3 free play engine is indeed not exactly strong, when it is exclusively limited to [22] Non-Aligned personnel.

[22] Non-Aligned is not exactly a strong affiliation (and [22] Non-Aligned ships are awful; there is only one universal ship, which is very weak, and one unique ship, which is barely acceptable).
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
War council provides the location (aboard) so you are not using the station to report. Therfore, yes anyone who meets war council's criteria is legal

redacted, was reading the old version
Last edited by pfti on Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:38 am War council provides the location (aboard) so you are not using the station to report. Therfore, yes anyone who meets war council's criteria is legal
I don't think that's right. War council says:
once each turn, one such personnel reporting aboard may do so for free.
this scentence does not give you a location for a report, it says a report you are making aboard may do so for free.

Compare war council's text to Attention All Hands:
Once each turn, your ❖[TNG] personnel (except an android, hologram, or [AU]) that you do not already have in play may report (for free) aboard your matching outpost
Attention all hands says what type of personnel can report at what type of location. This allows Attention All Hands to bypass normal reporting restrictions and would allow you to report the qualifying personnel to an outpost built in a different quadrant.

If war council said:
once each turn, one such personnel may report aboard may do so for free
then it would be giving a reporting location and it would open it up.

The key difference is "may report aboard" vs "reporting aboard". "reporting aboard" implies that it has the ability to do so through the outpost/station, whereas "may report aboard" is granting the ability to report aboard even if they normally couldn't.

-James M
 -  
I playtested a [22] War Council deck with Tellarite Trading Post recently. I got around this restriction by just seeding a Husnock (or Repurposed) Outpost on the spaceline. That way I get the free play, it's just not at the time location.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:59 pm I playtested a [22] War Council deck with Tellarite Trading Post recently. I got around this restriction by just seeding a Husnock (or Repurposed) Outpost on the spaceline. That way I get the free play, it's just not at the time location.
That is possible, but it does not give you THREE free plays, only two.

Only the Trading Post with Protect The Timeline and War Council is supposed to do that.
 -  
Yeah, you get three free plays. One from Smugglers' Rendezvous (at time location), one from Protect the Timeline (at time location), and one from War Council (at an outpost). The third free play is possible even with Protect the Timeline - as long as the personnel is native to your time location, it doesn't matter that you aren't playing it there.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
You don't need a separate outpost. You can report anywhere at the time location using the time location reporting function, so you can report those CIVILIANS and VIPS aboard the Tellarite Trading Post for free using War Council.

Generally I prefer to report personnel at time locations aboard my own ships there for safety, but they can always beam over from the trading post (provided I don't forget, again...)

And yes, the deck gets a lot of free plays but it has weaknesses as mentioned above and my least favorite part is that Smugglers' Rendezvous corresponding location is a stealable mission.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]