By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:42 pm Phase Cannons does require Starfleet ship.
Do Starship Enterprise (The Motion Pictures) and U.S.S. Enterprise qualify for their lore?
Since the tactic uses "Starfleet" instead of [SF] , I'd say yeah they count.

Gives me a whole idea for a [Fed] Battle deck.... :shifty:

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
No, because of reasons Starfleet only refers to the 22nd-Century [SF] affiliation. The rulebook says:
Clarification: "Starfleet" on [Fed] Cards
There is an organization within the [Fed] Federation affiliation which is also called "Starfleet," but this organization is not part of the [SF] Starfleet affiliation, and members of it cannot use Starfleet-related gametext. For example, Calloway cannot use Starfleet Phaser Pistol.

The reason for this is that, historically, the [Fed] Federation grew directly out of the original [SF] Starfleet, and the original Starfleet was folded into the Federation as its military and exploratory arm.
There is also a (slightly redundant) paragraph in the Glossary:
Starfleet
An affiliation. There is another organization within the Federation affiliation which is also called "Starfleet," but this organization is not part of the Starfleet affiliation, and members of it cannot use Starfleet-related gametext. For example, Calloway cannot use Starfleet Phaser Pistol.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:49 pm No, because of reasons Starfleet only refers to the 22nd-Century [SF] affiliation. The rulebook says:
Clarification: "Starfleet" on [Fed] Cards
There is an organization within the [Fed] Federation affiliation which is also called "Starfleet," but this organization is not part of the [SF] Starfleet affiliation, and members of it cannot use Starfleet-related gametext. For example, Calloway cannot use Starfleet Phaser Pistol.

The reason for this is that, historically, the [Fed] Federation grew directly out of the original [SF] Starfleet, and the original Starfleet was folded into the Federation as its military and exploratory arm.
There is also a (slightly redundant) paragraph in the Glossary:
Starfleet
An affiliation. There is another organization within the Federation affiliation which is also called "Starfleet," but this organization is not part of the Starfleet affiliation, and members of it cannot use Starfleet-related gametext. For example, Calloway cannot use Starfleet Phaser Pistol.
That's good to know that they thought it through when building out Starfleet.

On the other hand, that's a whole lotta Rules cruft that people have to remember that leads to an opposite conclusion of the Plain Text Reading of the card, which is never a great thing... :?

Thanks for clarifying, Vi! :cheersL:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:02 pm Yeah I mean... errata'ing "Starfleet" to [SF] would fix the issues but that's a lot of cards to errata
You know, I only count 5? (Starfleet Phaser Pistol, Espionage: Starfleet on Vulcan, Espionage: Vulcan on Starfleet, Treaty: Starfleet/Vulcan, and this tactic) I've always thought the same thing, which is why "the Starfleet cards" have never been on the clarifying errata list -- but, apparently, I never looked!

(Or possibly I did look and just did a better job last time. I'm a bit under the weather today.)
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]