- Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Austrian National Runner-Up 2023
1E German National Second Runner-Up 2024
Hi,
I will probably be facing Borg decks in the next Tournament and I want to make sure I understand what they can do.

- The Borg-Rules say that Classification is irrelavant. Some Dilemmas require three personal with a specific Classification. Do they ignore those Dilemmas completely or do they have to have at least the skills? Or, if the Dilemma requires three of on Classification or three of one Skill, do they have to take the second option?

- 20 years ago, when facing the Borg we beamed over and killed them. Is it still allowed to beam through their shields? I could not find it in the Borg-Rules.

- I also saw a Transport Inhibitor in a recent Borg-Deck. Are the even allowed to have that aboard their ships or in their away teams, since it doesn´t have the [BO] -Icon.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
1.:
Borg do not have Classifications, that's right.
Your mentioned "3 Classification Dilemmas" have alternate requirements, that a Borg player has to meet. For Faux Pas they need three personnel with Diplomacy etc
Hull Breach just kills one
Persistent Individuality kills seven (if so much are there)
Too Many Chiefs is irrelevant
and that's it.

2.:
You may not beam to or from your opponent's ship or outpost which is protected by SHIELDS. If SHIELDS=0 or are disabled or off line, you may beam freely.

3.:
Borg can use all Equipments.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I think the SHIELDS change was with either Voyager or The Borg, once the Delta Quadrant became a fully-developed quadrant and not just a place where your Borg Outpost exists.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Austrian National Runner-Up 2023
1E German National Second Runner-Up 2024
Ah, so I remembered it correctly, thank you.
It was possible to beam over in the series too, I don´t think it was necessary to change that.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
nobthehobbit wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:43 pm I think the SHIELDS change was with either Voyager or The Borg, once the Delta Quadrant became a fully-developed quadrant and not just a place where your Borg Outpost exists.
https://starshipexcelsior.com/othersite ... _08_00.txt under "beaming" still mentioned beaming onto borg ships, https://starshipexcelsior.com/othersite ... _08_02.pdf does no longer.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It was removed in The Borg as part of a suite of changes to make Borg slightly less different from every other affiliation:

https://starshipexcelsior.com/othersite ... essupp.pdf

Decipher thought that was the best place to make the trims.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:23 pm It was removed in The Borg as part of a suite of changes to make Borg slightly less different from every other affiliation:

https://starshipexcelsior.com/othersite ... essupp.pdf

Decipher thought that was the best place to make the trims.
As a side note is this rule still in force

"Dual-personnel cards may cause group limits to be modified. For example,
suppose one or more of your personnel have been selected, either by choice or
randomly, and a limit is in effect (e.g., “Away Team member with lowest
CUNNING”, “two crew members”). If one of your dual-personnel cards causes the
group limit to be exceeded, your opponent must choose either to increase the limit
to accommodate the excess, or require that the group selection process be
repeated. However, if the limit is one, it is always increased to two automatically.
For example, Aggressive Behavior selects one crew member to die. If a dualpersonnel card is selected, the group limit of one automatically increases to two."
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:23 pm It was removed in The Borg as part of a suite of changes to make Borg slightly less different from every other affiliation:
Also, because "beam over random Officer Bob to go cost the Borg a full turn on probing" was a *very* effective anti-Borg strategy.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Ironically, despite my distaste for offloading the [KW] to a card, I would like to see the Borg shield/transporters come back on a card. Ideally, I’d tie it to the TNG Borg cards and let it be discarded after the pest AE by an adapt card.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:20 amAs a side note is this rule still in force

"Dual-personnel cards may cause group limits to be modified. For example,
suppose one or more of your personnel have been selected, either by choice or
randomly, and a limit is in effect (e.g., “Away Team member with lowest
CUNNING”, “two crew members”). If one of your dual-personnel cards causes the
group limit to be exceeded, your opponent must choose either to increase the limit
to accommodate the excess, or require that the group selection process be
repeated. However, if the limit is one, it is always increased to two automatically.
For example, Aggressive Behavior selects one crew member to die. If a dualpersonnel card is selected, the group limit of one automatically increases to two."
No, this rule is not, repeat NOT still in force. It was replaced on August 26, 2002 with the current dual-personnel / random selection rule:
When a dual-personnel card is randomly selected, the effects apply to both personnel equally, regardless of "group limits" on the card requiring the selection. (The "group limits" rule is superseded by this rule.)
That being said, I still get questions about group limits, either implicitly or explicitly, because Decipher changed this rule three times and people really struggled with it.
AllenGould wrote:
Also, because "beam over random Officer Bob to go cost the Borg a full turn on probing" was a *very* effective anti-Borg strategy.
Ah, that checks out.
boromirofborg wrote:Ironically, despite my distaste for offloading the [KW] to a card, I would like to see the Borg shield/transporters come back on a card. Ideally, I’d tie it to the TNG Borg cards and let it be discarded after the pest AE by an adapt card.
Me too. Dunno what it'd look like, but it'd be cool.

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]