By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Dukat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:55 am Hi,

I was just reading up on some stuff.

The Rulebook has a section about 'failing a mission attempt'.

I thought a mission attempt ends when there is no matching personnel for the mission.

Has that changed?
Yes, apparently awhile ago, which I just learned to my chagrin.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Attemptability (which includes matching affiliation and condition checks like Homefront and Quantum Torpedo) is currently checked at the start of the attempt and at solve time.

The Rulebook makes it clear that you check matching affiliation and other conditions at the start, but currently it is missing text to make it clear that you also check when solving. That was pointed out a couple months ago and the clarifying text is ready to go, coming out Monday.

But the rule is that you need a matching affiliation + must meet conditions like Homefront's 4 SECURITY at the start of the attempt and when you try to solve.

You can mostly thank the Disgraceful Assault + Quantum Torpedo combo for the rule change, although the old rule had enough messiness in it that something was eventually going to break it.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:59 am So that means, during the attempt, if I have no matching personnel anymore, the attempt continues until no dilemma is left.

Correct?
Correct. When no dilemmas are left, you try to solve. You check to see whether you still have at least one matching personnel and the mission requirements. If you do not, the mission attempt ends.

(Enabran is correct that something else, such as running out of personnel; a dilemma being reseeded; or something like Buried Alive ending the attempt immediately, could end the attempt before that.)
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]