By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This is why we need a "you control" vs "you own" dichotomy in the game. Parson, I must visit the Die In A Fire thread...

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:09 am Hi guys,

quick question …
When a ship is controlled by Alien Parasites or some other card, it cannot be returned to hand using Space-Time Portal.

Correct?
No. Using STP is an action and it can’t be done during the mission attempt and it’s sub-actions (encountering dilemmas). Only valid responses and suspend play actions can take place during this time. That’s for Alien Parasites.

If it your turn to take an action while your ship is controlled by something like Neuro Servo Device, then yes, you can return it to hand.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:41 pm

quick question …
When a ship is controlled by Alien Parasites or some other card, it cannot be returned to hand using Space-Time Portal.

Correct?
No. Using STP is an action and it can’t be done during the mission attempt and it’s sub-actions (encountering dilemmas). Only valid responses and suspend play actions can take place during this time. That’s for Alien Parasites.

If it your turn to take an action while your ship is controlled by something like Neuro Servo Device, then yes, you can return it to hand.
Yeah I don't think this is correct. If you fail AP your mission attempt ends and *I* get to take control of your ship and crew. There's no sub-actions at that point so I'm not seeing a practical difference between AP and your Neural Servo example.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:41 pm

quick question …

Correct?

Once you fail Alien Parasites, the mission attempt is over. Your opponent now takes control of your crew(and possibly associated ship or facility) and uses them until stopped. Since they now control the ship, you can not return it to your hand with STP. However, they can use their STP and return the ship to your hand. They can't take actions that only happen on their turn because it is not their turn, but you are also restricted from playing actions that can only be played on your turn. Since STP actions are all "at any time", they are fair game, but you do not control the ship, the opponent does.

Here is the relevant information from the glossary: "If your opponent chooses to take control, your turn is suspended (you may not initiate actions except as normally allowed during your opponent's turn) while your opponent temporarily controls the ship or facility (if any), the Away Team or crew which encountered the dilemma, and any other personnel aboard that ship or facility. (If any personnel aboard are already "stopped," they remain so unless your opponent plays a card that "unstops" them, such as Distortion of Space/Time Continuum; they then join the rest of the crew.) Your opponent does not control any other ship or facility at the location or any personnel who were previously "stopped" on the planet. Your opponent may not take any actions that would normally occur only during their turn, except those using your ship and crew which they control. Your opponent may take legal actions (see control for limitations) with the ship and crew until they become "stopped" (they may not then take any action to "unstop" them) OR they cannot take any further meaningful actions with them (e.g., they may not simply beam them up and down endlessly) OR they chooses not to take any further actions with them. Then control returns to you and your suspended turn resumes. "

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:05 am Ah, I see ...

I mean: If my ship is controlled by the parasites and my oppoent has it under control, it is me who cannot return it to hand - right?
The OP wanted to know if they could return their ship that OPPONENT is controlling with AP, which is how I answered the question. Sorry if that wasn't clear, but it is correct. You cannot STP your own ship while opponent is controlling it with AP. Opponent can STP your ship while they control it.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation