By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Ausgang wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:19 am From my personal errata file:
Seeds or plays on table; you must download White Deprivation (from outside the game). During your turn, you may place here one Jem'Hadar from hand or in play, then draw a card. (They are in play for uniqueness only.) OR Plays on an opponent's Away Team (on a non-homeworld planet). Initiate battle against that Away Team by playing up to an equal number of personnel to it from your Jem'Hadar Shrouding on table. Discard incident.

Why bother making it download from outside the game? That seems like added text, and a seed phase will get it from the deck before the opening draw?

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
boromirofborg wrote:Why bother making it download from outside the game? That seems like added text, and a seed phase will get it from the deck before the opening draw?
Trying to reconstruct my thought process as I just pulled this out of my repository that I maintained during my former engagement. You can still play the card during the game and as Dominion already requires lots of space for other necessities like KCW, I probably wanted to release some of that burden. After all, White Deprivation is only downsides and can be characterized as a rule printed on a card. I understand Ref cards like this practically as reminder cards and I think they should be treated that way.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think there is a strong argument to be made that only Jem'Hadar already in play should be able to be placed on Jem'Hadar Shrouding, AND that there should be minimum number of Jem'Hadar required to be moved off of Shrouding to initiate an away team battle (I personally would go with 3 if only one Jem'Hadar can be placed on Shrouding per turn, 6 if two can be, OR with a number equal to the size of opponent's away team on planet.)

As currently written, this card works as an additional free-play engine for the Dominion and still would even if you limited it to one card being placed there per turn from hand per turn.

First, it doesn't actually call the Jem'Hadar you place on it "reports" or "free." Instead, it's one of those weird cards like Crell Moset that allows a whole bunch of additional reports without actually calling them, "free", and so would not be subject to any limitation on playing cards for free. In other words, if you bring this card back, I can throw a bunch of Jem'Hadar into my Guess Who's Coming to Dinner deck and run them to harass my opponent despite the limit on free reporting being limited to Qo'nos. (I also imagine that a BUNCH of cards CC will issue in the future will have limitations of "no free reporting", given that there's clearly an effort to block free report stacking in this manner using recent cards like Staging Ground and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.)

Second, it also evades the limitation on reporting only one Jem'Hadar per turn contained in Reward from the Founders. True, you would be limited to playing and battling with two Jem'Hadar at a time if you go this route, but you could likely initiate a battle with two Jem'Hadar, stop your opponent's away team, one of your guys probably dies, then you can still beam one up to your ship on your next turn or play a hidden fighter. Still a pretty good deal: you got an extra personnel, your opponent ws blocked from doing anything for a turn.

Only allowing Jem'Hadar to relocate to Shrouding would also prevent using this as a substitute for rogue borg, since you actually would need a reporting location for the Jem'Hadar (and likely a free one). Requiring a minimum number of Jem'Hadar to relocate would also prevent just harassing an opponent every turn. Locking an opponent out of a planet mission would require Post Garrison (which you could download using Taking Charge if you had First among the Jem'Hadar you play to that mission from Shroduding), not just placing one Jem'Hadar on Shrouding and a new copy of Shrouding every turn.

These limits hardly makes the card useless. I think you could make a kick-ass dominion deck that entirely avoids using a wormhole by using Internment Camp 371 as you reporting location, many multiples of Amar'itak and the old Deyos, young Jem'Hadar and birthing Chamber combo, along with several hidden fighters and Establish Dominion Foothold or Construct Starship. You can could relocate a bunch of Jem'Hadar the first time an opponent tries a planet mission, play hidden fighter and then download a Remote Supply depot in the opponent's quadrant. Not too shabby, if you ask me.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]