-  
Regent
Community Contributor
Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:10 am I just saw a deck that had
- Alliance with the Son'a
- Son'a Observatory
and
Establish Dominion Foothold
as seed cards. That won´t work then or is it just a matter of what he seeded first?
Yeah. Seed Foothold first and it's all good.

By Latrell
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
After referencing the glossary entry from become, I am uncertain if Alliance with the Son'a also impacts cards not in play.

My question is do Son'a personnel and ships not in play become [DOM] for the purposes of cards and effects that would search for them as [DOM] while not in play?

I feel like the answer is "no, they do not' and that's fine. And if that's the case, my second question is how would I determine that? What rule/glossary entry would inform me that it does not?

Thank you in advance.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Latrell wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:02 am After referencing the glossary entry from become, I am uncertain if Alliance with the Son'a also impacts cards not in play.

My question is do Son'a personnel and ships not in play become [DOM] for the purposes of cards and effects that would search for them as [DOM] while not in play?

I feel like the answer is "no, they do not' and that's fine. And if that's the case, my second question is how would I determine that? What rule/glossary entry would inform me that it does not?

Thank you in advance.
They do. This rule was changed a few years ago to save valuable card text real estate by enabling the removal of "(even if not in play)" ... also, if it didn't work that way, when you played a Son'a, they would blow up Reshape the Quadrant before becoming [1E-DS9] and that's just dumb.

I'm sure @BCSWowbagger has the details.

By Latrell
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:22 am
Latrell wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:02 am After referencing the glossary entry from become, I am uncertain if Alliance with the Son'a also impacts cards not in play.

Thank you in advance.
They do. This rule was changed a few years ago to save valuable card text real estate by enabling the removal of "(even if not in play)" ... also, if it didn't work that way, when you played a Son'a, they would blow up Reshape the Quadrant before becoming [1E-DS9] and that's just dumb.

I'm sure @BCSWowbagger has the details.
Thank you! This was very helpful.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]