By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
DSD doesn’t in of itself let you do anything with the dilemmas other than creating the side deck for you to stash them in. In the past you had to clog up your Tent or draw deck with dilemmas if you wanted to download them. An ugly proposition.

If you want to get dilemmas out of your DSD you need to seed/play cards that let you download dilemmas like Disrupted Continuum or Definitely Not Swedish.

This has no effect on your seed deck which is still limited to 30 cards of which you can still normally seed as many dilemmas as you like. Just be aware you cannot download and seed a dilemma at a mission that you already aeed A copy of that dilemma at or the second copy is a mis-seed.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
sekce31 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 am Can I put Q dilemma into Dyson Sphere Door side deck, to be downloaded by Q?
Are you asking if you can put a [Q] DILEMMA in your Dyson Sphere Door? I don't think so, because of the Q-Icon Cards Glossary entry.
Cards identified by the special [Q] icon, representing actions of Q or one of the other Q entities, come into play only through a special Q-Continuum side deck, unless a card's text allows them to be used in another way (e.g., Q's Planet, Hide and Seek, Beware of Q). (If so, you do not need a Q-Continuum side deck, or any seeded Q-Flash doorways, to use these cards.)
Now, I'm certain that [Q] interrupts or events can't be stocked in the Dyson Sphere. I think that [Q] dilemmas are probably also banned, but not 100% sure on that one.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
sekce31 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 am Can I put Q dilemma into Dyson Sphere Door side deck, to be downloaded by Q?
I don't see why not. Q-dilemmas are dilemmas. Dyson Sphere Door holds dilemmas.

If you have a deck with both Dyson Sphere Door and Q-Flash, and you want to use Q to download Q-dilemmas, I think you will have to put them under the Dyson Sphere Door because of the line that says "Dilemmas you download must come from here"...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
patrick wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:47 pm

If you have a deck with both Dyson Sphere Door and Q-Flash, and you want to use Q to download Q-dilemmas, I think you will have to put them under the Dyson Sphere Door because of the line that says "Dilemmas you download must come from here"...
Actually, I think the scenario here doesn't work because of the text of Q.
Q dilemma wrote:Unless 2 Leadership and INTEGRITY>60, opponent may download up to 2 [Q] cards and place them atop their Q-Continuum side deck; crew or Away Team has a Q-Flash of 4 cards, then is stopped. Discard dilemma.
If you don't have a Q-Continuum side deck, you cannot perform the action of placing the cards atop that side deck. Since you cannot perform that action, you can't do any of the other actions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired

*Edit: James has it covered better
Last edited by Hoss-Drone on Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Rule 2.15 wrote: [Q] Q-icon cards are side deck cards — they may be stocked only through a Q-Continuum side deck, which requires a Q-Flash, and are drawn out through other cards, like Q: Enter the Supernova. Q's meddling creates all kinds of cosmic chaos... for both players!

[Q] icon cards have a normal card type, such as Event or Dilemma. For example, a [Q] Event is still an [Evt] Event, and may be nullified by Kevin Uxbridge.
Is that adequate to answer the question?

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:29 pm

Actually, I think the scenario here doesn't work because of the text of Q.
Q dilemma wrote:Unless 2 Leadership and INTEGRITY>60, opponent may download up to 2 [Q] cards and place them atop their Q-Continuum side deck; crew or Away Team has a Q-Flash of 4 cards, then is stopped. Discard dilemma.
If you don't have a Q-Continuum side deck, you cannot perform the action of placing the cards atop that side deck. Since you cannot perform that action, you can't do any of the other actions.p
In my scenario you would have both.
BCSWowbagger wrote:[Q] cards are side deck cards — they may be stocked only through a Q-Continuum side deck
But looks like having both in the deck would not work with Q. They can't be under the Dyson Sphere Door, and they can't be downloaded from anywhere other than the Dyson Sphere Door.

Side question: What happens to [Q] Dilemmas seeded with Beware of Q when they are resolved? The side deck (assuming the side deck is in play), or out of game (or discard pile, I guess, when playing Traditional)?

By sekce31
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ok. More stupid answer. When I have no Dyson Sphere Door only Q-continuum side deck, where do I download [Q] cards from for the card "Q".
Unless 2 Leadership and INTEGRITY>60, opponent may download up to 2 [Q] cards and place them atop their Q-Continuum side deck; crew or Away Team has a Q-Flash of 4 cards, then is stopped. Discard dilemma.
Do I download them from the same deck I am placing them atop of? If I cannot download them from Dyson Sphere and cannot place them anywhere else but Q-continuum side deck, as you propose, this seems to be only option. Is it meant like that?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes. It is basically giving you the opportunity to rig the first two cards your opponent faces in the Q-Flash instead of it being random.

Are they playing Borg? You can download don’t provoke the Borg and score some points. Are they red shirting? You can download I Tried to Warn you and ruin their day. Etc.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Side question: What happens to [Q] Dilemmas seeded with Beware of Q when they are resolved? The side deck (assuming the side deck is in play), or out of game (or discard pile, I guess, when playing Traditional)?
If Q-Flash is opening the side deck, its text controls for all [Q] cards, even ones that didn't come from it:
When [Q] cards leave play, place them face up here only (even if closed); when side deck empty, shuffle to replenish it.
("leave play" is a term of art that includes discarding dilemmas that never technically entered play.)

If Q-Flash is not in play, then they act like normal dilemmas and go to out-of-play / discard.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]