By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
With the release of Hostage Crisis, and its ability to download Planet of Galactic Peace and play host to Paradise City or another outpost has got me thinking about how I could use Going to the Top there. After all, it's limited to once per game per affiliation, but if I can have everyone work together, I could easily play it 5 or 6 times per game. (Although to do a second mission, I might just have to us wormhole or everyone to a second mission with PGP on it.)

I just remember there was a potential issue about using GTTT at Ferengi Trading Post and was wondering if this would still apply using Planet of Galactic Peace.

Basically, I want to avoid any problems but I'd prefer not to be locked in to using particular personnel if I don't have to. For all of the below scenarios, Planet of Galactic Peace is in play and the outpost is at Hostage Crisis and I would like to know if I can download any Leadershipx2 personnel -- [Hir] [Kli] [1E-Fer] -- whatever. Here are some scenarios:

(1) Dr. Farek and Sybok at Paradise City.
(I'm pretty sure this works - even without Planet of Galactic Peace - since everything is [NA].)

(2) Dr. Farek and Chaotica at a Federation outpost (two non-aligned personnel at an aligned outpost.)

(3) Klag & Benjamin Maxwell at Paradise City. (two aligned personnel at an non-aligned outpost.)

(4) Klag & Benjamin Maxwell at a Federation outpost. (Two aligned personnel and an Aligned facility)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Glossary
compatible

Your two non-[Bor] cards are compatible with each other if they belong to the same affiliation, or if at least one is Non-Aligned or Neutral, or if a card states they may "mix"
PoGP says they may mix, so that pretty much seems like case closed. You can download anyone that GTTT can target to a mission with PoGP on it.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
That would be my call as well.

To clarify for other users who haven't commented on this yet and might be scratching their heads thinking "well, that's obvious!", there has been a suggestion that that the inclusion of the word "compatible" on Going to the Top itself means that you have to check for compatibility while the Leadership x2 personnel is still in your deck and that some effects allowing compatibility are "strictly local to personnel who have finished reporting or who are in the resolution step of reporting." Here is the original quote taking that position:
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:42 am GTTT + compatibility timing have caused soooo many questions/problems over the years, so I'm not at all certain of this...

...but I am inclined to say "no." I think they become compatible upon arrival. Most Treaties establish compatibility during the initiation step of reporting (per the Start of Control ruling), but FTP is such a local effect, I think it's strictly local to personnel who have finished reporting or who are in the resolution step of reporting. GTTT needs them to be compatible at initiation, well before they land on the FTP and start enjoying its compatibility effect.

Not an official ruling. I waffled back and forth twice even while writing this reply. I look forward to seeing how this thread develops.
I see Takket, that you took the same view on the FTP issue, and actually cited Planet of Galactic Peace in doing so:
Takket wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:11 pm As for the original question, I would say yes, IMO. A treaty is a global effect granting compatibility, FTP is a local one, I don't see why global vs local should matter. Same as if I were to play Planet of Galactic Peace on some mission. I had never heard of "Start of Control", went it read it, I don't see what that matters. That ruling doesn't say anything about compatibility.
In summary if the text of a treaty makes two personnel compatible before the second one "hits the table" than FTP should as well.
I just want to be sure before I go build a deck around this idea.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation