By Darmok501
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
1. Does Static Warp Bubble cause a player to discard the card they draw at the end of their turn if that is the only card in their hand or is that card immune from this discard because it is the last thing that occurs at the end of your turn.

2. Can The Traveler: Transcendent be played on your own draw deck and secondarily do you lose the game if you run out of cards in your draw deck?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Darmok501 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:28 pm 1. Does Static Warp Bubble cause a player to discard the card they draw at the end of their turn if that is the only card in their hand or is that card immune from this discard because it is the last thing that occurs at the end of your turn.
I'm pretty sure that this is correct. Your end of turn card draw is the very last thing that happens in your turn, so Static Warp Bubble will whiff if you have no cards in hand prior to the draw.
Darmok501 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:28 pm2. Can The Traveler: Transcendent be played on your own draw deck and secondarily do you lose the game if you run out of cards in your draw deck?
Yes, you can play The Traveler: Transcendence on your own deck.

No, you do not lose the game if you deck out. A game only ends this way if both players deck out.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:41 pm
Darmok501 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:28 pm2. Can The Traveler: Transcendent be played on your own draw deck and secondarily do you lose the game if you run out of cards in your draw deck?

No, you do not lose the game if you deck out. A game only ends this way if both players deck out.
This is correct.

You may ask: "then why would I ever play Traveler: Transcendence on my opponent?"

Way way back in 1994, when the game was new, you could end the game by forcing your opponent to deck out. Decipher kinda sorta thought that draining opponent's deck would be a strategy (see also Kivas Fajo - Collector). However, the player with the most points at the time of the first deckout still won, so this was always a bad strategy. Both Traveler and KFC are always always played on yourself, for your own benefit.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:15 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:41 pm

This is correct.

You may ask: "then why would I ever play Traveler: Transcendence on my opponent?"

Way way back in 1994, when the game was new, you could end the game by forcing your opponent to deck out. Decipher kinda sorta thought that draining opponent's deck would be a strategy (see also Kivas Fajo - Collector). However, the player with the most points at the time of the first deckout still won, so this was always a bad strategy. Both Traveler and KFC are always always played on yourself, for your own benefit.
I played a pickup game against Dave Bowling (@tomek) at Origins 1997. He was running his tow and Blow DRAGS nonsense and I had never seen it before, so of course he wrecked my people with it and had total control of the game throughout.

However, not wanting to get completely owned, I noticed his deck was running low so I played Kivas on him to deck him out and hold him to the "mod win" ... I think i earned some respect points for my scrappy play.

That game was the first of many "welcome to the NFL" moments I had that day, but that's the thing about the school of hard knocks: you survive to graduation, there's not much that can stop you.

25+ years later and I'm still here competing in the arena. 8)

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: