- Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Austrian National Runner-Up 2023
1E German National Second Runner-Up 2024
Hi,

sorry, another question.
I read the rule section about Time Locations and Away Teams, but I´m not sure how that really works.
Let´s say I have 20 people in my Drone Control Room and I want to attempt a space mission with my Drone One, but I don´t want all 20 of them to participate. Can I form a second Away Team that goes for a walk somewhere else on that Time Location or do they all participate in the attempt, whether they want to or not?
The section about Away Teams says I have to form a single Away Team or crew, but logic dictates that a Drone Control Room is some kind of structure, where personnel can walk in and out, like a Headquarter.
I know, if I had a second ship at my Time Location I could beam them there and avoid that question, but that seems rather laborious.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The thing to keep in mind is that it isn't the Time Location Drone Control Room which enables you to attempt a mission remotely. What allows you to attempt is Distant Control. It doesn't change any of the rules of how you form an away team. All of your compatible personnel "on the surface" of the Time Location are a single away team.

So, in the end, everybody "on the surface" at the Time Location is part of the away team that would be attempting the mission. You could beam folks to a ship at the Time Location in order to keep them safe.

Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:39 am I read the rule section about Time Locations and Away Teams, but I´m not sure how that really works.
Let´s say I have 20 people in my Drone Control Room and I want to attempt a space mission with my Drone One, but I don´t want all 20 of them to participate. Can I form a second Away Team that goes for a walk somewhere else on that Time Location or do they all participate in the attempt, whether they want to or not?
The section about Away Teams says I have to form a single Away Team or crew, but logic dictates that a Drone Control Room is some kind of structure, where personnel can walk in and out, like a Headquarter.
I know, if I had a second ship at my Time Location I could beam them there and avoid that question, but that seems rather laborious.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:22 pm That sucks, but thank you for your quick reply.
Contrast with 22nd Century San Francisco and Seat of Starfleet. In that situation you can have a crew aboard the HQ and an Away Team on the planet's surface.

So if you had a "Drone Research Building" that was a facility card that played on 2154 Romulus, you could do what you're looking to do, but that card doesn't exist (yet?) so the rules say you're stuck with one giant Away Team.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]