By Darmok501
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Is Lt. Picard the same as Jean-Luc Picard since Jean-Lic Picard appears in Lt. Picard’s lore box, but not in bold? Also, is Tasha Yar - Alternate the same as Tasha Yar? Does the hyphen work the same as a colon in this case? Thanks.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Thread moved to Rules Questions (1E) from Deck Designs (2E).

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
No. Lt. (J.g.) Picard is not a representation of the jean-luc picard persona. He is Any Picard, however.

Same with Alternate Tasha.
From Rulebook: Personas
You can identify whether a card shares the persona of another in three ways:
[*]if the two cards have the exact same card title, letter-for-letter, they are the same persona (for example, the Miles O'Brien from Star Trek: The Next Generation and the Miles O'Brien from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
[*]if one card has the exact name of the other card written in bold in its lore, they are the same persona (e.g. Falcon and Miles O'Brien)
[*]if the two cards both have the same name written in bold in their lores, they are the same persona (e.g. Falcon and Ensign O'Brien)

By Darmok501
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Is this because the name Jean-Luc Picard does not appear in Bold in the lore box though the name does appear there?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Darmok501 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:09 pm Is this because the name Jean-Luc Picard does not appear in Bold in the lore box though the name does appear there?
Correct

By Darmok501
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Why doesn’t the colon rule apply to Tasha Yar and Tasha Yar - Alternate? I thought a dash in the name of the card served the same purpose, therefore, the were the same persona. Thanks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Darmok501 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:12 pm Why doesn’t the colon rule apply to Tasha Yar and Tasha Yar - Alternate? I thought a dash in the name of the card served the same purpose, therefore, the were the same persona. Thanks.
Because it's a hyphen. :shifty:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Also, because the Colon Rule is
when a card references a particlar card title, cards that have that exact title followed by a colon, dash, or the numeral "II" are equivalent to that card title.
Which is a different animal than personae. Persona has a specific set of rules about what qualifies, whereas colon rule is what lets you say "Tasha Yar is a badass" and be safe knowing it also refers to Tasha Yar - Alternate.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation