By Darmok501
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Does Data’s Body count as one of your 30 seed cards or does it seed for free? Thanks.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
It counts as a seed card, 1 of your 30.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:06 am Follow-up question: when you play Data's Body from hand, does it count as an android for Cybernetics Expertise? I imagine so, because it isn't disabled in your hand (unless it is), but with 1e there's usually some ruling from '96 specifically about Data's Body that has never been overturned.
On first read, I'd say yes. It says soong-type android right on the card and I don't see anything in the glossary that would indicate otherwise.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Oddly enough, I went back to the old FAQs, and they never ruled on this, either. You'd think it would have come up back when Cybernetics the skill was so powerful!

It seems to me that, if Data's Body were disabled before or during the reporting action, you couldn't report him at all. Therefore he is not disabled.

I'm less certain that the lore "Android body" confers the characteristic "android," for the same reason that I would not ordinarily count a human toenail as a member of the human species. However, the database says this card is a Soong-Type Android, and characteristics in the database were (generally speaking) ruled on by past rule managers and their committees. Therefore, I'm not inclined to challenge the ruling. Stare decisis and all that.

So if you came to me in a tournament today, I would rule that Data's Body reports for free with Cybernetics Expertise.

Not blue, not official, just me trying to procrastinate at work. :)

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm going to agree that Data's body should report for free and not be "disabled" before he finishes entering play.

The analogy that makes most sense to me a is a hologram. I had a question last year about reporting a [Holo] [NA] [1E-GQ] to Wardroom using the site's game text. The consensus was that I could report the card because the hologram didn't lose its [NA] [1E-GQ] by being deactivated until after the reporting action was finished.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]