By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I've seen several posts with people saying that you can use Life's Simple Pleasures to download [MQ] personnel or saying that if you use Lauren's special download, you can download any female to join your mission attempt.

I was just about to use this card in a deck where the point of it was to download The Intendant so I could get free plays using Emblem of the Alliance or Ezri to download Crossover (likely the former since I can get Ezri with I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer).

But I think we might have been misreading this card: it lacks the word "here."

That is, even though the card plays on the crew or away team, it seems like this card just says to download a female personnel without providing a destination. I think this would mean that the female in question has to be reported to wherever she could normally report (outpost, headquarters, time location, etc.).

Thoughts?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:07 am Since it is played on a crew, the crew seems to be the destination.
It would seem wrong to me to play it on a crew on one end of the spacelane and then download a personal to the other end of the spaceline to my outpost.
That's the implication, but it's just that: an implication. Adding a clarifying errata of "here" to the end of the sentence would remove any ambiguity.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:14 am
Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:07 am Since it is played on a crew, the crew seems to be the destination.
It would seem wrong to me to play it on a crew on one end of the spacelane and then download a personal to the other end of the spaceline to my outpost.
That's the implication, but it's just that: an implication. Adding a clarifying errata of "here" to the end of the sentence would remove any ambiguity.
But that would also change the meaning - as worded, you *don't* get a destination. Adding "here" makes the card more powerful.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:08 am
Armus wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:14 am
But that would also change the meaning - as worded, you *don't* get a destination. Adding "here" makes the card more powerful.
Then why have it play on the crew if that's not the destination. That makes a whole Lotta no sense to me. :?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
IIRC: it played on the crew to count that crew's gender ratio specifically. As for the location, I would say the technical reading of this card is it doesn't. just like any other card that just says download a card, it doesnt matter where the card is in play (on a facility, in your core, etc) if it doesnt specify a location, you need to provide one (except [DL] of course).
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am IIRC: it played on the crew to count that crew's gender ratio specifically.
:thumbsup: Easier to count one crew than to stop play to check the total gender ratio on the entire board.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am IIRC: it played on the crew to count that crew's gender ratio specifically. As for the location, I would say the technical reading of this card is it doesn't. just like any other card that just says download a card, it doesnt matter where the card is in play (on a facility, in your core, etc) if it doesnt specify a location, you need to provide one (except [DL] of course).
:thumbsup: my reading of this card also

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:06 pm
pfti wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am IIRC: it played on the crew to count that crew's gender ratio specifically. As for the location, I would say the technical reading of this card is it doesn't. just like any other card that just says download a card, it doesnt matter where the card is in play (on a facility, in your core, etc) if it doesnt specify a location, you need to provide one (except [DL] of course).
:thumbsup: my reading of this card also
Just to be clear, I'm not saying this is wrong. I'm saying I agree with OP that the fact that it plays on a crew but doesn't provide a destination is confusing and if we were somehow misreading a lack of implication where one was intended, then clarifying errata would be a good idea.

So to clarify on Designer intent I went and looked up the card and related notes in UP. Turns out they very specifically *didn't* want a destination. As such, the current wording achieves both the desired Design and Rules effects. Always a good thing! :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]