By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi guys,

question about HQ: Return Orb to Bajor:

The gametext is a bit confusing.
Does one get 10 points PER Orb or just 10 points, no matter how many Orbs?

I am asking, because you can draw three cards per Orb, so that differentiation is there, but regarding the points, it leaves me confused.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:08 am Hi guys,

question about HQ: Return Orb to Bajor:

The gametext is a bit confusing.
Does one get 10 points PER Orb or just 10 points, no matter how many Orbs?

I am asking, because you can draw three cards per Orb, so that differentiation is there, but regarding the points, it leaves me confused.
This one is pretty clear cut. There is no variable or any wording that could make the points based on the number of orbs. "Discard objective and score points"

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
So if you have 2 orbs to "return" you'd get 6 cards and 10 points.....but if you return them to Bajor 1 at a time, using 2 objectives, you'd still get 6 draws but 10 + 10...just saying.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:10 am So if you have 2 orbs to "return" you'd get 6 cards and 10 points.....but if you return them to Bajor 1 at a time, using 2 objectives, you'd still get 6 draws but 10 + 10...just saying.
Yup. This is why it's best to seed the orbs at a mission other than Bajor if you're looking to pull more than one.

If you're just looking to pull one, then it doesn't matter if it's at Bajor or not.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Bump........

If you earn an Orb AT BAJOR, during a mission attempt, does HQ: ROTB immediately go to bonus point area, and you draw 3 cards, or do you have to wait until the mission attempt is over?

The third sentence of this card is not an order you execute, so it would seem to trigger immediately upon the Orb joining your attempting Away Team.

This is very much relevant because if a subsequent dilemma kills the [Orb] person you have HQ:ROTB played on, then you can't "return" the Orb and get the points/card draws.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:04 pm Bump........

If you earn an Orb AT BAJOR, during a mission attempt, does HQ: ROTB immediately go to bonus point area, and you draw 3 cards, or do you have to wait until the mission attempt is over?

The third sentence of this card is not an order you execute, so it would seem to trigger immediately upon the Orb joining your attempting Away Team.

This is very much relevant because if a subsequent dilemma kills the [Orb] person you have HQ:ROTB played on, then you can't "return" the Orb and get the points/card draws.
Here's my take:. It should work the way you want it to because HQ: return orb to bajor is triggered as a valid response once the orb is faced. So you are executing the text as a valid response which means you *should* be able to just continue checking conditions/executing game text of the card before continuing with the mission attempt action and sub actions. I also agree that its not really an action to do the return, it would be same sort of "triggered response" if you just beamed down because (and this is key to both arguments) it's not a may. It's not optional.

Edit: Old Dinosaur thought - this is how we used to play it back in the day also. Not relevant but....
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]