By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BeenNoble wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:08 pm So, I can't seem to find a simple answer to this:

Can I play orbital bombardment on my Prometheus In [1E-Rom] mode, then switch it back to [Fed] and bombard some peeps?
I think Yes, provisionally.

You can't have any [Fed] people on it when you switch it to Romulan mode because that creates compatibility issues. But if you have the appropriate treaty in play, or if the ship is empty, then you can play Orbital Bombardment on it in [1E-Rom] mode.

OR

The above is completely wrong and the answer is no, because the target is a non- [Fed] ship and as soon as you switch it to [Fed] mode OB discards for lack of valid target.

It's one of those, but I'm not entirely sure which. :P
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:12 am The above is completely wrong and the answer is no, because the target is a non- [Fed] ship and as soon as you switch it to [Fed] mode OB discards for lack of valid target.
Can't be that one; if it were, Tactical Console would discard as soon as you undock!

You only discard for lack of a valid target when dealing with a separate long-term target:
Rulebook wrote:6.4 Leaving Play:

Your card may require you to choose a long-term target (other than the card it is played on). If the long-term target leaves play, your card leaves play in the same manner. For example, if the male targeted by Assimilate Counterpart returns to hand, so does Assimilate Counterpart.
(Nearly identical passage in Glossary under target.)

So it seems your first answer must be correct.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]