By Darmok501
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Does Blackhole play from your hand only or can it be seeded? Also does Blackhole destroy cards inbetween spaceline location like Q- net? Thanks.
Last edited by Darmok501 on Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Black Hole cannot be seeded because it says "Plays..."

According to its Glossary entry, the presence of a Q-net will not deter the Black Hole from sucking in the adjacent spaceline location.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Darmok501 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:51 pm Does the Q-Net get sucked in as well? Thanks.
Yeah. It targets 2 locations. If one of the locations gets schlorped, the target is no longer present so the Q Net discards.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:55 pm
Darmok501 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:51 pm Does the Q-Net get sucked in as well? Thanks.
Yeah. It targets 2 locations. If one of the locations gets schlorped, the target is no longer present so the Q-Net discards.
I don't think that's true. It plays between 2 adjacent locations. Once played it doesn't care about it's neighbors. Also, once one of the "adjacent" locations gets eaten, the Black Hole itself becomes an adjacent location. If you are correct that it requires 2 adjacent locations, then it would only discard once all locations are eaten from it's side away from the Black Hole.
Last edited by Professor Scott on Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:59 am
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:55 pm
Yeah. It targets 2 locations. If one of the locations gets schlorped, the target is no longer present so the Q-Net discards.
I don't think that's true. It plays between 2 adjacent locations. Once played it doesn't care about it's neighbors. Also, once one of the "adjacent" locations gets eaten, the Black Hole itself becomes an adjacent location.
Hmmm... you may be right. I thought it said "Missions".

But it's pretty well established that I don't actually... ya know... read cards, so it's entirely possible that any given thing I say is dead wrong! :P

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'd say the Q-Net stays since Black Hole pulls in anything at the "adjacent location", and the Q-net is not an "adjacent location" nor is it at the adjacent location.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Yeah I am pretty confident Q-Net stays until discard by some other card like the Kevin Uxbridge's, but if it does somehow keep checking adjacency it would only discard via the Blackhole if there are no locations left to it's opposite side as illustrated below:

|Q-N|BH| [1E-S]| [1E-P]| [1E-P]| Etc.

Even then I think the Q-Net would still remain is it is itself not a location.

Not that I have ever seen it happen, but in the below case I think the Bajoran Wormhole would eventually get sucked in but not a Q-Net.

| [1E-S] |Q-N| [1E-P] |BW| [1E-P] | ❖ Space |BH| ❖ Space| [1E-S] | [1E-P] | Etc.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hmmm... does it though?

It plays between two adjacent spaceline locations... those two adjacent locations are targets for the card, are they not? And if one of those targets leaves play, why would the Q-net not discard?

Absent some Drag Net shenanigans, there's no re-selecting of Targets at any point in the process, so why would it not discard if it loses one of its targets?

Is it possible I'm not wrong after all?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I would agree with you if it said plays on an adjacent location, but it doesn't. It merely plays on the spaceline. Once played I don't think the targets remain relevant.

Romulan Minefield plays between 2 missions (I think the adjacent on Q-Net is just unnecessary PAQ-era wording or else I could literally place the RM anywhere in spaceline and selected the 2 edge missions and say, "Well it's between these 2"; in other words the adjacent is assumed). I don't think the Minefields would go away if one of those missions is eaten by Black Hole.

@BCSWowbagger, want to weigh in?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]