By Darmok501
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Does Near Warp Transport allow you to beam to a ship, planet, facility, etc. at a neighboring spaceline location or are their limitations? Thanks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Darmok501 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:53 pm Does Near Warp Transport allow you to beam to a ship, planet, facility, etc. at a neighboring spaceline location or are their limitations? Thanks.
As long as you're beaming from a ship, I'm pretty sure you can beam to anywhere your personnel can legally exist at the neighboring spaceline location.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:59 pmAs long as you're beaming from a ship, I'm pretty sure you can beam to anywhere your personnel can legally exist at the neighboring spaceline location.
I assume you're still blocked by shields you have no control over? (Assuming you don't have Invasive Beam-In.)
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
I would say it just boosts the range limit from the current location to the next.
Still need some kind of transporters which ships have by default and can't beam through enemy shields.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
patrick wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:34 am
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:59 pmAs long as you're beaming from a ship, I'm pretty sure you can beam to anywhere your personnel can legally exist at the neighboring spaceline location.
I assume you're still blocked by shields you have no control over? (Assuming you don't have Invasive Beam-In.)
Yeah. So you can beam to your ship, your facility, the surface of a planet, etc.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]