By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
So, in Magic, I'm allowed to alter my cards as long as the title/cost are not obscured, the art is still reconizable, it don't change 1 card into another. Ti si s up to the head judge.

This got me thinking about Star Trek, especially with continentals coming up.

For my own home use, especially with the kids, I have an ongoing project to reskin ships and personnel into a much more (IMO) readable and friendly format. Larger attribute numbers, general astetetics, etc.

What is the current guidelines in ST for tournament acceptable? (Again, automatic assumption that it's up to the head judge). I know there used to be rules that allowed signed card, which then led to in SWCCG, some players using sharpie to black out the pictures, trying to deny their opponents info.

I can provide pictures of what i've done, as long as that doesn't violate the dreamcard rules. (It shouldn't, because its literally existing cards and art in a frame closer to 2E.)

Thoughts, opinions, and rulings welcome.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:08 pm So, in Magic, I'm allowed to alter my cards as long as the title/cost are not obscured, the art is still reconizable, it don't change 1 card into another. Ti si s up to the head judge.

This got me thinking about Star Trek, especially with continentals coming up.

For my own home use, especially with the kids, I have an ongoing project to reskin ships and personnel into a much more (IMO) readable and friendly format. Larger attribute numbers, general astetetics, etc.

What is the current guidelines in ST for tournament acceptable? (Again, automatic assumption that it's up to the head judge). I know there used to be rules that allowed signed card, which then led to in SWCCG, some players using sharpie to black out the pictures, trying to deny their opponents info.

I can provide pictures of what i've done, as long as that doesn't violate the dreamcard rules. (It shouldn't, because its literally existing cards and art in a frame closer to 2E.)

Thoughts, opinions, and rulings welcome.
Officially, only TrekCC and Decipher cards are allowed in tournament play.

Unofficially, I'd be very surprised if a TD objected to any card that had all of the correct information on it and still clearly showed what it was.

The CC has been making fake cards and alt art their bread and butter for over 15 years. You should be able to riff on that within the confines of legal cards without catching any flak, IMO.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:05 pm Officially, only TrekCC and Decipher cards are allowed in tournament play.

Unofficially, I'd be very surprised if a TD objected to any card that had all of the correct information on it and still clearly showed what it was.

The CC has been making fake cards and alt art their bread and butter for over 15 years. You should be able to riff on that within the confines of legal cards without catching any flak, IMO.
This.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation