- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
When can you play multiple copies of an interrupt and capitalize on its effect multiple times?

For specific examples:

Can you play multiple copies of Borg Kiss triggered from the same assimilation?
Can you play multiple copies of Double Dumbass on You! triggered from the same stop?
Can you play multiple copies of Baseball triggered from the same commandeering?
Can you play multiple copies of Dixon Hill's Business Card (as an interrupt) to capture multiple personnel triggered from the same death?
Can you play multiple copies of Honor Challenge in battle to have each Honor Klingon kill multiple opposing personnel?

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
In general: You cannot.

Unless an effect is marked as 'cumulative', there is no cumulative effect.

For some reason, Decipher introduced the wording 'not cumulative' on some cards, but given the rules, that is not necessary. It is implied by the rules.

(It is the opposite to Magic The Gathering, where EVERY effect is cumulative, unless it is specifically noted that it is not.)

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
When I prepared my Double Dumbass-abuse deck, I worked under the assumption that this part from the rules compendium (Section 5: The Play Phase, box "Clarifications: Valid Responses")
Valid Responses wrote:Any number of "just" responses may be taken in response to a given trigger.
allowed me to play multiple copies of DDOY in response to personnel being stopped by a dilemma. That was the part I pointed to in my games, and as far as I can remember my opponents (maybe grudgingly) agreed.

Haven't looked at the other cards yet.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I believe that the reason that Double Dumbass on you got added to the OTF ban list was precisely BECAUSE you could play it multiple times related to a single dilemma. That is, it could be combined with temptations of the flesh to stop and extra 5, 10, or 15 personnel based on the number of copies, making the dilemma impossible to get past. You could also select EXACTLY how many people you wanted to stop so that you could ensure that exactly one personnel was left, allowing this personnel to pass the dilemma (if they had a [Cmd]) so that they could run smack dab into a dilemma that no one personnel would overcome, like Linguistic Legerdemain or Friendly Fire or even Crystaline Entity.

There may be come kind of natural limit against using multiple copies of some other cards, like Baseball. If not, that card should be made to play on the facility (which would mean it would not be discarded) and made unique or at least "one per facility." (Generally though, even one copy let alone multiple, is not worth putting in your deck because you can't force your opponent to take control of a facility that you would then be able to play it on. As it is, only Nors can be commandeered.)

Likewise Borg Kiss could be made "once per turn" and Dixon Hill's Business Card and Honor Challenge could be made "once each turn."

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
FranklinKenter wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:05 pm When can you play multiple copies of an interrupt and capitalize on its effect multiple times?

For specific examples:

Can you play multiple copies of Borg Kiss triggered from the same assimilation?
Can you play multiple copies of Double Dumbass on You! triggered from the same stop?
Can you play multiple copies of Baseball triggered from the same commandeering?
Can you play multiple copies of Dixon Hill's Business Card (as an interrupt) to capture multiple personnel triggered from the same death?
Can you play multiple copies of Honor Challenge in battle to have each Honor Klingon kill multiple opposing personnel?
I don't see how Borg Kiss would help, unless you wait until you finish the re-Probe and don't want that one either. Then I don't see how it is responding to the same Just, since it is a new probe.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
How I interpret these questions using the letter of the law:
Glossary, cumulative wrote:If a card is cumulative, multiple copies of the card can have the same effect on the same target(s) at the same time. Damage markers (Tactic cards) are cumulative, as are cards specifically marked "cumulative." All other cards are not cumulative.
The following section clarifies "effects" and "targets" with a few examples, and also adds this
Multiple responses to a single action (such as a battle) generally resolve one at a time, and thus are not restricted by cumulativity rules (unless they generate a continuing effect).

With this in mind:
FranklinKenter wrote:Can you play multiple copies of Borg Kiss triggered from the same assimilation?
I'm not sure which use of Borg Kiss you're referring to. For the second use it's absolutely clear, you can play as many Borg Kisses as you like. For the first, I don't think the cumulative rule is even relevant. You play the first Kiss, you draw the probe card and probe again. If you play the second Kiss as a "just" response to the second probe, then it's a different target so the cumulative rule doesn't apply and you can re-draw and re-probe. If you try to play the second Kiss as a "just" response to the first probe, the target is invalid ("the probe card" was drawn into your hand by the first Kiss and you can't draw it again) so you can't get past initiation (step 1 of the action).
FranklinKenter wrote:Can you play multiple copies of Double Dumbass on You! triggered from the same stop?
Yes. This falls under the "multiple responses to a single action" clause cited above; each Dumbass targets a different group of personnel, so you never have multiple Dumbasses trying to stop the same personnel at the same time.

FranklinKenter wrote:Can you play multiple copies of Baseball triggered from the same commandeering?
You can play as many Baseballs as you want, but you only score points from one of them. The "target" is you as a player, and the "effect" is scoring 20 points. This is a continuing effect (cf. the quoted text about multiple responses), and at any point in time only one Baseball can have that effect on you. This is also a direct analogy to the Process Ore example in the cumulative rule, except with points as the effect rather than draws.
FranklinKenter wrote:Can you play multiple copies of Dixon Hill's Business Card (as an interrupt) to capture multiple personnel triggered from the same death?
Yes, same as Double Dumbass.
FranklinKenter wrote:Can you play multiple copies of Honor Challenge in battle to have each Honor Klingon kill multiple opposing personnel?
Yes, same reason.

A proposal if these rulings are objectionable:

The answer to all of these questions would be "no" if all "just" actions are treated as occurring "at the same time" for the cumulative rule. I have not thought about broader implications of such a ruling.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation