By ORION (Brad Snyder)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
When you use the built-in wormhole game text to move to another built-in wormhole location do both missions flip or just the mission you are leaving flips? Would your ship be "stopped" on the other side as if it used a wormhole interrupt card or is it free to use its remaining range? TIA!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think only the origination Mission II is flipped. And no, you wouldn't be stopped if you used the interrupt, because you're playing it as a cost, not for its function.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/Glossary.php#missionII wrote:Built-in Wormhole

You may move in either direction between your [Wmh] mission and a non-[Wmh] mission where you play a Wormhole interrupt. You may not move between your opponent's [Wmh] mission and a non-[Wmh] mission. If your opponent nullifies your Wormhole interrupt, your ship does not move through the wormhole and you do not flip the [Wmh] mission.

If you move between two of your own [Wmh] missions, flip only one of them (your choice). If you move between your [Wmh] mission and your opponent's [Wmh] mission, flip only your own mission.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:49 pm I think only the origination Mission II is flipped. And no, you wouldn't be stopped if you used the interrupt, because you're playing it as a cost, not for its function.
I Concur with the first half of this, but not the second. You play the interrupt, getting stopped is part of the effect. (If you just bounce between 2 mission IIs, you are NOT stopped however.)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:12 pm
JeBuS wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:49 pm I think only the origination Mission II is flipped. And no, you wouldn't be stopped if you used the interrupt, because you're playing it as a cost, not for its function.
I Concur with the first half of this, but not the second. You play the interrupt, getting stopped is part of the effect. (If you just bounce between 2 mission IIs, you are NOT stopped however.)
Glossary: actions - step 1: intiation - Cards played as a cost wrote: Some actions require a specific card to be played as a cost in order to resolve. When this is the case, use only the game text of the action; ignore the game text of the card being played as a cost. Cards which are played as a cost may be responded to normally and if the card played as a cost is nullified, initiation of the original action fails, no other costs are paid and the action's performer may attempt to use the action again at their next opportunity. Examples:

• I Hate You allows you to play Vulcan Nerve Pinch as a cost to nullify itself.
• Relief Mission II (front side) allows you to play a Wormhole as a cost to move your ship between it and another location.
• ❖ Nebula requires you to play Scan as a cost to initiate battle at its location.
Emphasis mine.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS is right on this one.

When you play Vulcan Nerve Pinch as a cost to nullify I Hate You, nobody is put in stasis. When you play Scan as a cost to start a battle at Nebula, you don't get to see any cards beneath the Nebula (and aren't stopped). When you play Wormhole as a cost to activate Changeling Research II's text, you aren't stopped. You ignore everything on the card-played-as-a-cost except its title.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I stand corrected.

By ORION (Brad Snyder)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thanks everyone! I read the Mission II glossary text but I was tired and I guess I didn't see that the built-in outpost was part of the same entry and stopped there so I never scrolled far enough to read the built-in wormhole part. I did at least look at the entry for wormhole though.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]