By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
OK, so at this point it's probably obvious from the number of questions I've asked about the card that I'm making a deck that has a dozen copies of Mutual Distrust in it. (It's the only thing in the deck that doesn't play for free.)

My last question was about someone who had an intelligence skill that has been targeted by Mutual distrust when that skill goes away, like Major Rakal.

This time I'm wondering about whether a particular card play triggers a copy of Mutual Distrust that is in play. Since intelligence skills are fairly rare (especially if you are limiting yourself to a single era/property like [TNG]) , I'm thinking I might want to use Lal or Kamala in the deck.

Obviously if I put Lal or Kamala into play where Dexter Remick (the only Section 31 with [1E-TNG] unless you are using TATV and Malcolm Reed) is present they can gain his intelligence skill when reporting, and be targeted by Mutual Distrust once reported.

But if I already have a copy of Mutual Distrust targeting say, Telak when I play Lal or Kamala in this way, do I get to draw a card because I just reported a personnel with Section 31? Or am I unable to get the card draw due to a timing hicup?

Basically, they acquire of the skill "when reported" -- they never are never in a state where they have already been reported and don't have the skill yet -- so I think when Mutual Distrust checks for "did you just play a personnel with a different intelligence?" the answer should be "Yes", but I know timing is a funny thing in this game.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
IMO Lal and Kamala selecting skills are all sub actions to the single action of them reporting for duty. So the report action is not complete until you have selected their skills and you cannot use the game text on Mutual Distrust until the report action is complete. At that point they have Section 31 and you can draw your card(s) with MD

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]