- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I have a Conundrum for you...

Friend of mine is using Classic Type II Phaser. His contention is that it would add 2 SECURITY to a personnel with Leadership x2. I believe you would just get 1 SECURITY on the personnel even if they have Leadership x2 (or OFFICER + Leadership, or OFFICER x2, or whatever).

I'm not asking for confirmation that I'm right, because it's very obvious that I am - rather he says he would like to see "a ruling or errata" before he would be convinced. Can you help me find an entry in the rulebook, or glossary or errata that will help me prove my viewpoint?

Thank you all for your help!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
If he had a dual-personnel card where each were leaders, he's correct that he'd gain x2. However, "leader" has a set definition and it does not accumulate due to multiples of a skill. "Leader" is binary, not cumulative.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Definition of a leader = personnel with Leadership or OFFICER. It's a binary state: a given personnel is either a leader or they aren't.

The phaser keys off of that binary... the personnel either is a leader and gains SECURITY or isn't and doesn't.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Both of those are much more articulate explanations than what I was crudely gesturing at, thank you. It was of course just a friendly disagreement but nevertheless I intend to print out this thread and stick it to his forehead with a magnet. :borg:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
BanditKeith wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:49 pm Both of those are much more articulate explanations than what I was crudely gesturing at, thank you. It was of course just a friendly disagreement but nevertheless I intend to print out this thread and stick it to his forehead with a magnet. :borg:
If you stick it to his, he can't read it. Stick it to yours, Headbandz style.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]