- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
By rule, you can only seed an outpost in it's native quadrant. It's also a rule that facilities can tell you where they can be seeded.

Game text overrides rules.

Transwarp Hub says "seeds at Any Nebula".

Is this enough to override the rule on quadrants AND implicate the rule on facilities being able to seed where they tell you?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:54 pm By rule, you can only seed an outpost in it's native quadrant. It's also a rule that facilities can tell you where they can be seeded.

Is this enough to override the rule on quadrants AND implicate the rule on facilities being able to seed where they tell you?
I feel like this question has been asked before, and the short answer was "no"... but I'm not remembering what the reason given was to arrive at that answer.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:58 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:54 pm By rule, you can only seed an outpost in it's native quadrant. It's also a rule that facilities can tell you where they can be seeded.

I feel like this question has been asked before, and the short answer was "no"... but I'm not remembering what the reason given was to arrive at that answer.
I also tried to seed it at Establish Station and was told no.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:05 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:58 pm

I also tried to seed it at Establish Station and was told no.
That mission has the "nebula" characteristic on it's page. So either you should have been told yes, or the characteristic should be removed.

as for the OP question, seems the answer is yes. Any nebula is a pretty clear instruction. but i'll defer to Rules

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
so, I think it should be yes, but I'll take the counter point for discussion.

Because the rules are clear that Facilites may only seed in their matching quadrant, the text on the outpost should be seen not as permissive (seed at any nebula, regardless of quadrant), but as restrictive. (Seed only at nebulas.)

Facilities may seed only in their native quadrant (but may be built during the play phase in any quadrant, if appropriate). You may seed or build an outpost only at a mission (either [P] or [S], belonging to either player) with a matching affiliation icon (unless the outpost's text specifies otherwise, such as the Neutral Outpost).
(Glossary)

So, I would argue in this case that Transwork Hub is overriding the generic outpost rules letting it seed at any mission with a matching icon.

Indeed, I would argue that the strongest point in favor of this interpretation is Borg Outpost, which says "Seed one at any [S] mission with no affiliation icons " however no one argues that it can be seeded in the AQ.

Similarly Neutral Outpost is "Seed one at any [S] mission" but cannot be seeded in the GQ, MQ, or DQ.

Edit to add:
You may not seed or build any outpost at any homeworld mission, regardless of affiliation icon, unless a card or rule specifies otherwise (e.g., a Borg Outpost may be built at an assimilated planet, even a homeworld). A headquarters may be seeded or built only on the specified homeworld.

Stations may be established only at the locations specified on the cards. You may not seed or build any facility at a location where you already own a facility, even if uncontrolled, commandeered, or assimilated, unless one allows another to "co-exist" there (e.g., Chamber of Ministers). (However, you could have two facilities at a location as a result of moving or commandeering one.)
So if the game text of the cards overrides the rules completely, then Transwarp Hub should also be able to see at the Dominion Homeworld, and the Borg and Neutral outposts could seed at a spacehomeworld mission, if one ever exists.

I think the only way to read it is that the intent was for the rules text on these facilities was meant to be a "yes, and" to the rules instead of a "instead of".
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation