By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I thought I remember that seeding someone does not count as "playing" someone. But I can't seem to find it in the Glossary.

Specifically does seeding a face up Rishon at Assist Survivors, or a face down TNG person on a Cryosatellite break Reshape the Quadrant?

Do they break Council of Warriors?

Edit, okay I found this under "report"
Personnel seeded under a mission (e.g., with a Cryosatellite, under Rescue Prisoners, Mirasta Yale) have already conceptually reported for duty. Thus, they do not report for duty when acquired, but simply join your crew or Away Team (if your opponent seeded them, you capture them).
So Cryosattelite does not break those cards.......

but what about Rishon seeded face up?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
My understanding has always been that personnel seeded or exchanged are NOT 'played' while personnel that are played or downloaded ARE 'played'
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:22 am My understanding has always been that personnel seeded or exchanged are NOT 'played' while personnel that are played or downloaded ARE 'played'
This is right, but the Compendium should say so. It doesn't seem to, nor does it seem to have ever. It's a reasonable inference to draw from the text, but it isn't actually stated in the text.

So I guess that's an answer to Takket's question plus an action item for me.

(TBF, the Glossary explains that an exchanged card is not played under exchanging cards, and that a personnel seeded face down beneath a mission is not played under report, but these aren't exactly obvious places to look, and it never seems to say anything about a card whether a card seeded face-up has been "played," even though Arandis has been around seeding face-up since Decipher times.)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:25 pm In the case of Data's Body the card would suggest that that is a report.
Yes, but don't take PAQ wording at face value.

COMPLINK DRONE would be a better example.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]