By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
sekce31 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:45 pm Can I combine these two cards to play Generation, Insurrection and Nemesis cards to Enterprise-E (and one per round for free)? Or do they receive First Contact icon only after they are played?
You can play them a though they have the [FC] icon without breaking FF. That's the point of the card. :wink:

By sekce31
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:26 pm You can play them a though they have the [FC] icon without breaking FF. That's the point of the card. :wink:
The reason why I ask possibly a silly question (and I am sorry for that, I just returned to this game after 20 years), is that cards working in similar fashion, i.e. These are the voyages, Continuing Mission or Reshape the Quadrant include a sentence (("Even if not in play...") while this one does not. So I wonder why not or if it has any meaning for actual play.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
sekce31 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:51 pm
Armus wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:26 pm You can play them a though they have the [FC] icon without breaking FF. That's the point of the card. :wink:
The reason why I ask possibly a silly question (and I am sorry for that, I just returned to this game after 20 years), is that cards working in similar fashion, i.e. These are the voyages, Continuing Mission or Reshape the Quadrant include a sentence (("Even if not in play...") while this one does not. So I wonder why not or if it has any meaning for actual play.
Yeah I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. I was on the set where Engage the Borg got made, and we asked that specific question because we wanted to add more people to the FF deck options and we were told by Rules that we were good to go.

I don't remember the details (maybe @BCSWowbagger), but apparently the "(even if not in play)" wording is now redundant with the rules so it's not strictly needed (anymore?).

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If I remember correctly it was argued that it wasn't even necessary then and then it was argued a little bit later that it was unnecessary because now people think it is necessary

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
No, that’s a fair question. The reason is the older cards included it for clarity, but realized the rules didn’t require it so the newer cards don’t have it.

I’d personally be in favor of either an errata to remove it from the older cards, or make it italic / signify it’s there for clarity not required for rules.

First: Saru Last: Burnham I think @jadziadax[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]