By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Supposed I have Shades of Gray: Cruelty face up on the table (activated sometime earlier in the game).

My opponent red shirts some mission and hits Shaka. "Well I obviously don't have 2 diplomacy and cunning > 30, so I'm stopped."

They shuffle around their personnel, come up with 2 diplomacy and cunning > 30, and attempt again.

NOW, I point out, "Hey, i have SoG, you also need 2 exobiology

Am I under any obligation to have pointed that out the FIRST time they hit Shaka, as part of reading the dilemma, or are they S*** out of luck for forgetting I had it face up on the table from earlier in the game?

Less obvious question: Is it bad sportsmanship to not point out I have a card on the table that changes the text of the card they are reading?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I think you needed to say something when they encountered the Shaka in the first place. The exo x2 is part of the dilemma requirements now.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't think you are required to say anything, though @LORE would know for sure.

That said; I think it's probably bad sportsmanship unless you are at Worlds or something (maybe even then too)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I don't think you're required to say anything unless asked or it's relevant. You can't lie if they ask what the requirements are (or similar), and you can't conveniently also-forget about the additional requirements (say, in order to call a judge on them, or because you can see the next dilemma will mess them up).
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Takket wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:13 pm Supposed I have Shades of Gray: Cruelty face up on the table (activated sometime earlier in the game).

Am I under any obligation to have pointed that out the FIRST time they hit Shaka, as part of reading the dilemma, or are they S*** out of luck for forgetting I had it face up on the table from earlier in the game?

Less obvious question: Is it bad sportsmanship to not point out I have a card on the table that changes the text of the card they are reading?
SoG:C (and similar cards) are all triggered off of certain dilemmas being encountered, so I would either state when it was flipped which dilemmas it effects or (my personal preference) hand them the card to read it themselves.

Provided that has happened, I agree with @jadziadax8 that the Exo is now a requirement of Shaka and when it is first encountered via the red shirt in your scenario you should tell them it is impacted by SoG:C. That said, you are under no obligation to allow a "take back" if they subsequently attempt it and forget about bringing the Exo.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]