By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If the shades of Gray Borg Queen (who has Leadership as a printed skill) has another Leadership as her selected skill, does that mean everyone sharing skills with her has Leadership x2?

Now supposed Second is also in this crew. He doubles regular skills on drones. Does that mean every drone has leadership x4?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:13 pm If the shades of Gray Borg Queen (who has Leadership as a printed skill) has another Leadership as her selected skill, does that mean everyone sharing skills with her has Leadership x2?

Now suppose Second is also in this crew. He doubles regular skills on drones. Does that mean every drone has leadership x4?

By Ashigaru
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Well, here's at least how I think this would go. Bear in mind, I haven't played in YEARS.

Borg Queen (Shades of Gray) gaining Leadership from her own skill seems akin to Lt. D'Amato gaining Geology off Classic Tricorder, which according to the Glossary under Skills - Modifying becomes Geology x3. So based off that ("If a skill is already present in the skills box, the level of that skill is increased."), I think that would bring the Queen to Leadership x2 and Treachery.

Then we bring in Nine of Eleven and Second with the Queen. Interlink would share Leadership x2 with the hive present, and then Second would double it on other drones. So here's how I THINK it would end up if you just had Queen, Second, and Interlink Drone.

Queen - Leadership x2, Treachery (from herself), ENGINEER, Astrophysics, Physics, Youth, Stellar Cartography (shared from Second)

Second - ENGINEER, Astrophysics, Physics, Youth, Stellar Cartography (from himself), Leadership x2, Treachery (shared from Queen)

Interlink Drone - Leadership x4, Treachery x2 (shared from Queen, doubled from Second), ENGINEER x2, Astrophysics x2, Physics x2, Youth x2, Stellar Cartography x2 (shared from Second, doubled from Second). Leadership and Treachery could be moved from the front of the list to the back.

EDIT - This is assuming I'm right in that you share the skills with Interlink before doubling with Second (the idea being that you have to know what skills a drone has before you can double them) - if the doubling happens first, then the only change would be halving all of Interlink's skills.

By Winner of Borg (Stefan Slaby)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E European Continental Champion 2023
1E Austrian National Champion 2023
2E Austrian National Champion 2022
actually, S.A.M. only applies to numerical values.

the combination of skill sharing and doubling has been discussed before. here's an official answer:

https://www.trekcc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215726#p215726

TL;DR: as long as the doubling applies to one personnel in the sharing pool, it applies to the entire pool, and everybody ends up with the doubled skill levels (even if it technically takes sharing back- and forth to achieve those levels everywhere).

since it generally makes very little difference whether you have 10 ENGINEERS or 20, this ruling has very little practical impact. it does save headaches figuring out stuff like who has the most Treachery though.

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]