By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ran into a weird situation, and I think I did this right........

Dual-icon missions say if you run into a [Dual] dilemma, that you get to choose if it applies to the crew or away team. I had one person on a ship and a ton of people on a planet attempting a [1E-S] [1E-P] mission.

Ran into Male love interest/plague ship.

I didn't want to lose the one guy on the ship, so I said "MLI applies to the away team". Just my luck, the ONLY MEDICAL in the away team got picked.

So plague ship is now going to kill everybody. I say "plague ship applies to the ship/crew". So the one guy on the ship died. But all the people in the away team lived.

Was that correct? Or once you decide to apply the first half of a dual dilemma to the away team are you "stuck" with the away team facing the entire card?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
You were correct.

Glossary - combo dilemmas: "Encountering a combo dilemma is like encountering two separate dilemmas: if you meet the conditions of the first half, you continue on to face the second half; if not, you place the card back under the mission and will have to face the first half again."

Rulebook 7.2.1.0.2 - attempting a dual-icon mission: "When [D] Dual dilemmas or [Q] Q-icon cards are encountered, the attempting player may choose which team encounters it."

Two separate encounters = two separate choices.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]