A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi, all. :)

When I was updating my strategy notes, I found that a problem resurfaced that I'd seen before: when displayed, all quotation marks (single & double) will be preceded by a slash.
Much more aggravating: as far as I've been able to determine, when updating/saving the notes, all HTML tags that are embedded (i.e., deeper than the first level) get truncated to a single "flat" tag level. Not sure how to better explain, sorry. To try to give an example: if I saved a heading as < b > < i > Heading Title < / b > < / i > it will remove one of the tag types -- I'm not sure if it's the outer or inner one.

Also, but perhaps probably related: my hyperlinks are gone from the notes. :(

Which is all quite a bummer (relatively speaking...) because as I've said before, I love using the awesome deck builder; and (need to) go all-out with adding notes for myself.
winterflames wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:43 am database ninja...
LOL! :lol:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It's 19363. Thanks for looking at it.

I've seen at least some of the problems before (months before march; perhaps even a year ago) -- a least the slashes before quotation marks (so also in "it's" and posessive forms or what's-their-face).

Not sure about it, but I think I've also lost links before -- and perhaps that's because they were embedded between other tags (say, bold or italic), but I didn't make the connection, then...?

Could be that it coincidentally happened in the same deck... but I think I did report it; and it got resolved either by action or by the passage of time... :neutral: I don't think -- again, not sure -- I was asked to give a deck number, back then...

Hey, we have new "neutral" smiley. :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
We've PM'ing a bit about this problem -- thanks for that, Jebus.

Does anybody else have this problem?
JeBuS wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:24 pm @SudenKapala can you try again to see if this is fixed?
Not really, as far as I've tried. (And right now, I am desperate to play some games and am focussing mainly on Lackey -- hence the delays here. Hope you understand. :cross: ) The bug's presence has been glitchy, so I don't really know yet how to accurately describe the behaviour. But it seems that the first time after I save a decklist with a reset of backed-up text, it will load correctly; and every time afterwards, it will show the problem of removing and/or changing the tags. If I open the deck notes editor, I see that some tags have changed (s > strike?) and other have disappeared.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:49 pm @SudenKapala How has this been treating you lately? Has the issue cropped up again?
Thanks for asking. Yes; coincidentally, today I restarted trying to process my large backlog of deck administration in the Builder. And indeed, "the thing" still haunts me. But I started with another deck (note2self: than the one mentioned above, and that seems to behave differently (or I perceive it as such), which might make it easier to describe. In fact, I had already restarted to define / analyse the problem from scratch, a few hours ago:

I have a lot of decks with extensive notes. To find my way in them (and make sure my play mates can, as well), I use tags for bold, italic and underline. For "obsolete notes" (which I want to keep for reference but which currently do not apply), I very often applied strike-through by using the < ( / ) s > tags.
Decks which I haven't updated in the past months, will still show these notes normally if I open their deck list page.
This worked for the longest time. Now, however, if I edit the deck notes and/or save them again (I can't be sure when it happens but I have an idea*), the tags seem to get overwritten by some much longer tags: < span style="text-decoration: line-through;" >...< / span >.
I see this, when I next edit the same deck notes. (At first I thought the problem needed a second save; but later, it seemed that the tag change -- which seems to start the problem? -- occurs immediately when opening the deck notes for editing.) And if I now save the notes again (say, when having changed something -- or even just the deck title, which is needed each time I copy a deck and want to edit the new or old deck), the LONG TAGS SOMETIMES HAVE CHANGED into [sic, except for extra spaces:] < span style="" >, OR at other times they don't (seem to!?) change, but in any case, the strikethrough doesn't show (disappears) when loading (refreshing) the deck list page.
In this instance, today (with my "deck 29") all other tags and links seem to work. (In the aforementioned deck notes -- my "deck 24" / 24d -- there were links that also got lost.)

(*: I wonder -- that is: pure speculation from somebody without [SD] CompSkill -- if the problem rears its head when the text of the notes fields gets loaded into the notes editor "routine", in order for it to be shown to me so I can edit it. Why do I think this? I can't rightly say anymore. So perhaps best to ignore this, and form your own thoughts.)

Now... Copying the notes into a text program, and then replacing all the "long" (< span >) tags with the short < s > ones, and then inserting that text instead of the loaded text (which will still have the long tags), and saving, will reset the whole issue; after saving like that, it will show the deck list page correctly, but editing the deck notes will result in the whole non-stricken shebang happening again.

So, the work-around is: keeping backup notes files for each of my 10.000 decks, and each time I change something, NOT FORGET to do it in those notes FIRST instead of online; and then copying from the file into the notes editor... :neutral:

I am sorry if I'm still a bit vague. (Am I?) But I'm also trying to get my administration work done, finally; so half my focus goes to that while the other half goes into trying to understand the bug. :(

Anyway, thanks again for asking, and looking at this.

PS: I haven't gone back to trying to send all the notes of 24d via PM; I suspect indeed that the culprit there is a special character, but it's hard to find (it's a lot of text and tags). I wonder, whether in that deck, there were multiple problems; the deck mentioned today (29d) seems to have only the one. If you need it, I can go back to it; but I can almost assure you that you'll see the same stuff happening.

Do ask me for anything you need to attend this issue. Thanks! :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Update.
I just found out that my cumbersome work-around will show hyperlinks... but all those hyperlinks will just lead back to the very same deck list page which is currently open.
Somehow the tags for any link get transformed* to < a href="" > [sic, except for extra spaces] -- thus without the actual URL that I had entered before.
(This all happens after the first save/reload.)

*: this looks like the same kind of transformation that sometimes occurs, transforming the longer < span > tags to the shorter version (where the text between the " " gets removed).

It may also be -- I think so -- that after the first save or during the first loading of the notes in the notes editor, the < s > tags get changed to the longer < span > tags -- thus, with the code between " "; and then, after second save/during second load into editor, the text between " " in the < span > tags gets removed (thus, only then, rendering the new span tag inoperable?). This may be what I hinted at before, that "only sometimes" the code disappears; it disappears at a later time than that the tag itself changes from < s > to < span > .

(Note2self: I tested this with 14d & 24d.)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
@SudenKapala I think I've figured it out. Can you go through your process again? Not all existing decks may load properly in the strategy editor depending on what happened to the tags before, but things should save correctly if you edit them, then display correctly from that point on.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Have tested with a blank deck (note2self: 6d / #13954), so no heavy tagging; but previously, the issues did come up in short test texts as well.
What I did notice (and could, because it was such a short test text) was that I had inserted a link,
Code: Select all
< a href = " URL " > blah bah < / a >?
After the first save and reload this had become:
< a href = " URL " > blah bah < / a ><a>?</a>
So, "weirdly"(?), the question mark at the end became embedded in a new tag. I've not seen this in any subsequent save/load of the same deck notes.
Of course, in the mean time I even wonder if it was a figment of my imagination, or if I had written the tag myself. (It wasn't, and I didn't.) :roll:

Strikethrough tags < s > are not replaced by long-and-later-truncated < span... > tags anymore (at LEAST in the TEST deck). :thumbsup:
The links are not replaced by "its-own-page-URL" anymore. :thumbsup:
The basic layout tags also seem to work, even embedded in each other. :thumbsup:
I don't see evidence of that annoying " / " preceding quotation marks or apostrophes. :thumbsup:

Thereafter, I did try (and load/reload multiple times) a longer text with more hyperlinks and tags, in my "deck 6". Still no problems.

In any case, these first tests (while showing something a little unexpected) turned out very well.

I will eventually go back to the earlier-mentioned decks and test them with more elaborate text, and see if that remains OK.

(BTW, is there any way, a custom tag, to insert something like the < card1 > tags into the strategy notes? As opposed to searching for the card manually and copying the URL into a regular hyperlink? The latter is fine as-is, but if there's already an easier way...)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:21 pm
What I did notice (and could, because it was such a short test text) was that I had inserted a link,
< a href = " URL " > blah bah < / a >?
After the first save and reload this had become:
< a href = " URL " > blah bah < / a ><a>?</a>
So, "weirdly"(?), the question mark at the end became embedded in a new tag. I've not seen this in any subsequent save/load of the same deck notes.
Of course, in the mean time I even wonder if it was a figment of my imagination, or if I had written the tag myself. (It wasn't, and I didn't.) :roll:
I can't reproduce this, but if you can, let me know how.
(BTW, is there any way, a custom tag, to insert something like the < card1 > tags into the strategy notes? As opposed to searching for the card manually and copying the URL into a regular hyperlink? The latter is fine as-is, but if there's already an easier way...)
That's probably doable. I'll at it to the to-do list.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:49 pmI can't reproduce this, but if you can, let me know how.
Neither can I. :shifty:
That's probably doable. I'll at it to the to-do list.
As I tried to say: no need (on my account)! I just wanted to know if there was something already in place!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi, @JeBuS; we're back at this.

Some days back, I saw the replacement (and subsequent nullification) of strikethrough tags again.

And also, today, I found that all my hyperlinks immediately get removed from the text, which leaves only the empty < a href=" " > parts.

You fixed both these problems, a while back. (Or did @eberlems fix one?) I think we PM'ed about it. Can delve deeper into our discussions later, if need be. But I know you were able to fix part of it, at least! Has some old code been returned? Or some such?

Thanks for looking... :thumbsup: :cross: :cross:
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark's[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]