A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1: The forum keeps randomly logging me out every day or three even though I have the 'Leave me logged in' box checked every time.

2: We used to be able to delete one of posts if they were recently posted and nobody had posted after them. That no longer seems to be the case. Is that an intentional change?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Gorgo Primus wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:09 pm 1: The forum keeps randomly logging me out every day or three even though I have the 'Leave me logged in' box checked every time.
I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. I'd first recommend clearing your cache and cookies for the site.
2: We used to be able to delete one of posts if they were recently posted and nobody had posted after them. That no longer seems to be the case. Is that an intentional change?
It is intentional, yes. There's a scenario that can cause a thread with a deleted first post to still appear as unread for everyone else, even though it would lead nowhere if you clicked on it in the forum list. So for now, if you really need to delete something, ask the mods and they can move it elsewhere.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
JeBuS wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:16 pm
Gorgo Primus wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:09 pm 1: The forum keeps randomly logging me out every day or three even though I have the 'Leave me logged in' box checked every time.
I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. I'd first recommend clearing your cache and cookies for the site.
I don't know if it helps, but when I log in "permanently" from my phone as opposed to my laptop, I log out on my computer. I've found that if I don't check the box on my phone when I just check on something minor, I stay logged in on my laptop. That's the part that sounded familiar.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
@Gorgo Primus @The Guardian
Can you both try deleting all of the login keys associated with your account, then try doing the remember me option again from each device?
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
That was my workaround pre-update. I never thought to change my process. But, now I've done as instructed and I have two login keys. I'll let you know if I'm ever not logged in again, but I was just offering a possibility before. (Seems like it's not supposed to be an issue.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I did that. I'll let you know next time it breaks.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I deleted all my keys and logged in on comp and iPad with the "remember me" box checked. And I just came here to find myself logged out.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:57 pm I deleted all my keys and logged in on comp and iPad with the "remember me" box checked. And I just came here to find myself logged out.
On your computer, can you press F12 on your browser to bring up the browser tools. Then go to the Application tab and look in the Cookies menu. Look for cookies for the domain trekcc.org. What expiration / max age do they have?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:13 pm
Gorgo Primus wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:57 pm I deleted all my keys and logged in on comp and iPad with the "remember me" box checked. And I just came here to find myself logged out.
On your computer, can you press F12 on your browser to bring up the browser tools. Then go to the Application tab and look in the Cookies menu. Look for cookies for the domain trekcc.org. What expiration / max age do they have?
Monday 14th of December 2020.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]