A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:36 am I believe these passwords are all illegal now under our current password policy -- which is probably for the best.
I remember it taking about half a minute in the 90s for the university server to change a password, because part of the process was the server attempting to crack it, and if it could do it in that short an amount of time you weren't allowed to have it. :)

By maosmurf
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:09 am I can tell you that your password isn't stored, so that can't have leaked. What's stored is an encrypted hash generated based on your password.
Hi! I'm new here, and while registering I was told my password (being 32 chars) is too long (max 30 characters).
phpBB indeed does hash passwords (cool!), however there limitation of 30 chars was removed in 2019 (https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14465). Glad to help if any upgrades are outstanding.

LLAP!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
maosmurf wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:39 pm
JeBuS wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:09 am I can tell you that your password isn't stored, so that can't have leaked. What's stored is an encrypted hash generated based on your password.
Hi! I'm new here, and while registering I was told my password (being 32 chars) is too long (max 30 characters).
phpBB indeed does hash passwords (cool!), however there limitation of 30 chars was removed in 2019 (https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14465). Glad to help if any upgrades are outstanding.

LLAP!
You might be the first person to ever try that length of password. I've bumped the max to 32.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
maosmurf wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:39 pm
Hi! I'm new here [...]
Hi there!

Nice to have you here.

Are you new to the game, or a returning player? Let us know if we can help you with anything. Feel free, also, to tell us a little about yourself -- how did you come to know Trek, and/or the game? What are your plans for the future, do you want to play IRL or online? And which versions of the game -- Tribbles, 1e (first edition), or 2e (second)?

Welcome! :thumbsup: :)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation