A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
@Takket
There is a Premium Membership feature which allows you to mark a thread or forum as read forever, so it never shows as "new".

The "add foe" feature is available to everyone and essentially hides the posts and PMs of a particular user.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:56 pm @Takket
There is a Premium Membership feature which allows you to mark a thread or forum as read forever, so it never shows as "new".

The "add foe" feature is available to everyone and essentially hides the posts and PMs of a particular user.
Unfortunately, new posts by foes or new posts in ignored threads seem to mark a sub-forum as unread until you open the sub-forum. I tried foe-ing someone years ago so that I wouldn't get constant advertisements about blog/podcast updates, but the feature has never quite worked the way I want it to.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:01 am
JeBuS wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:56 pm @Takket

Unfortunately, new posts by foes or new posts in ignored threads seem to mark a sub-forum as unread until you open the sub-forum. I tried foe-ing someone years ago so that I wouldn't get constant advertisements about blog/podcast updates, but the feature has never quite worked the way I want it to.
While it's something that's built into the forum software, I've never actually used the feature. So if I understand you, even if you can't see the thread or the post, it still shows as "new"?

I don't think there's a simple answer to this one. The premium ignore essentially marks a thread as "read" using a date far in the future. Can't really do that for individual posts within a thread. If it marked it read where your foe posted, you would miss earlier posts by non-foes, since the whole thread would be marked to that point.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:09 am While it's something that's built into the forum software, I've never actually used the feature. So if I understand you, even if you can't see the thread or the post, it still shows as "new"?
Foe doesn't disappear the post, it just replaces the text with a "this post is from Bob, who you have on your foe list" and a link to show the text. But you still know Bob posted, and it still flags as new.

I believe the "mark read forever" works better, although I think I've had occasional hiccups where the higher forum still flags as new until you go in.

edit: Just had it happen, where an ignored thread had a post. Forums shows up as new until you go in and see that there are no actually new threads.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]