A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
@Takket
There is a Premium Membership feature which allows you to mark a thread or forum as read forever, so it never shows as "new".

The "add foe" feature is available to everyone and essentially hides the posts and PMs of a particular user.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:56 pm @Takket
There is a Premium Membership feature which allows you to mark a thread or forum as read forever, so it never shows as "new".

The "add foe" feature is available to everyone and essentially hides the posts and PMs of a particular user.
Unfortunately, new posts by foes or new posts in ignored threads seem to mark a sub-forum as unread until you open the sub-forum. I tried foe-ing someone years ago so that I wouldn't get constant advertisements about blog/podcast updates, but the feature has never quite worked the way I want it to.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:01 am
JeBuS wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:56 pm @Takket

Unfortunately, new posts by foes or new posts in ignored threads seem to mark a sub-forum as unread until you open the sub-forum. I tried foe-ing someone years ago so that I wouldn't get constant advertisements about blog/podcast updates, but the feature has never quite worked the way I want it to.
While it's something that's built into the forum software, I've never actually used the feature. So if I understand you, even if you can't see the thread or the post, it still shows as "new"?

I don't think there's a simple answer to this one. The premium ignore essentially marks a thread as "read" using a date far in the future. Can't really do that for individual posts within a thread. If it marked it read where your foe posted, you would miss earlier posts by non-foes, since the whole thread would be marked to that point.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:09 am While it's something that's built into the forum software, I've never actually used the feature. So if I understand you, even if you can't see the thread or the post, it still shows as "new"?
Foe doesn't disappear the post, it just replaces the text with a "this post is from Bob, who you have on your foe list" and a link to show the text. But you still know Bob posted, and it still flags as new.

I believe the "mark read forever" works better, although I think I've had occasional hiccups where the higher forum still flags as new until you go in.

edit: Just had it happen, where an ignored thread had a post. Forums shows up as new until you go in and see that there are no actually new threads.
Question for noob

Is the question how to report a [MQ] personnel in[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]