A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Not really database questions, but don't know where else to put this.

(1)
Can't I copy a private deck? I tried to copy a deck of which I was given a private link. If I click 'copy deck', I'm taken to my own deck management page, with the "copy" addendum in the URL, but the deck fails to appear. (Is there a max number of decks you can have?)

(2)
Also -- yes or no related? -- for a large part of the day, the deck management list will not show as the premium version (with folders), but as the basic one (without folders). Not a big problem, just a nuisance if you work with the folders. But. Is this usual behaviour?

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Split from 1E Database Thread into this forum as this is a site issue.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:55 am Not really database questions, but don't know where else to put this.

(1)
Can't I copy a private deck? I tried to copy a deck of which I was given a private link. If I click 'copy deck', I'm taken to my own deck management page, with the "copy" addendum in the URL, but the deck fails to appear. (Is there a max number of decks you can have?)

(2)
Also -- yes or no related? -- for a large part of the day, the deck management list will not show as the premium version (with folders), but as the basic one (without folders). Not a big problem, just a nuisance if you work with the folders. But. Is this usual behaviour?
I don't know why, guess prevent to copy a non-public deck, but there is a short term solution to 1: export and import.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
So this is a generic/intentional thing? No private decks are ever copyable? (I thought I did copy some before, hence my initial confusion. I probably assumed wrong.) OK! :)

Thanks for the hint on the workaround! :thumbsup: That works of course.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That leaves the other question:

(2)
Also -- for a large part of the day, the deck management list will not show as the premium version (with folders), but as the basic one (without folders). Not a big problem, just a nuisance if you work with the folders.
Is this usual behaviour? If not, how can we remedy it?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Is your browser logging you out @SudenKapala? If I’m logged in, then I always have access to my decks and folders. The only time I don’t see them is if I get logged out of the forum. Then I don’t see any of my decks at all, but if you keep all your decks in folders, then you wouldn’t know the difference.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:57 am Is your browser logging you out @SudenKapala? If I’m logged in, then I always have access to my decks and folders. The only time I don’t see them is if I get logged out of the forum. Then I don’t see any of my decks at all, but if you keep all your decks in folders, then you wouldn’t know the difference.
Thx. No, not logged out. (If I am, I see no decks at all of course.) For part of the day, I see my decks; but all in one very long list (as I was used to in the past; Basic).
Then, for another part of the day, I do see the folder view (Premium).
It switches twice a day, and after a switch is stable for a number of hours; then switches back. I haven't pinpointed the hours (not sure if they are regular).
Really weird!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:04 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:57 am Is your browser logging you out @SudenKapala? If I’m logged in, then I always have access to my decks and folders. The only time I don’t see them is if I get logged out of the forum. Then I don’t see any of my decks at all, but if you keep all your decks in folders, then you wouldn’t know the difference.
Thx. No, not logged out. (If I am, I see no decks at all of course.) For part of the day, I see my decks; but all in one very long list (as I was used to in the past; Basic).
It switches twice a day, and after a switch is stable for a number of hours; then switches back. I haven't pinpointed the hours (not sure if they are regular).
Really weird!
This happens to me as well. I have 1 folder with all my Public Tournament used decks and the main list has all my private work in progress or at least not yet used in tournament decks. Occasionally they are all together. I have also noticed that you can filter by affiliation the main list, but not the folders. That would be handy as well.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:27 pm It would be really nice if we could copy private decks; as someone who is pretty much constantly developing and testing new decks that I don't want to share widely yet, it would be be great if other people who want to test the deck could just copy it.
Is this feature something that even could be changed? It really is a pain for playtesting.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:56 am
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:04 am For part of the day, I see my decks; but all in one very long list (as I was used to in the past; Basic).
This happens to me as well. I have 1 folder with all my Public Tournament used decks and the main list has all my private work in progress or at least not yet used in tournament decks. Occasionally they are all together. I have also noticed that you can filter by affiliation the main list, but not the folders. That would be handy as well.
This still is a thing...

Is there an explanation, a solution, or a work-around?

Keii, today (by necessity) I found out that you can sort "by hand", by manually adding "&sortmode=affiliation" to the 'current' folder URL. Hope that helps!
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:53 pm
edgeofhearing wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:27 pm It would be really nice if we could copy private decks; as someone who is pretty much constantly developing and testing new decks that I don't want to share widely yet, it would be be great if other people who want to test the deck could just copy it.
Is this feature something that even could be changed? It really is a pain for playtesting.
Please circle one of the following. I will accept any answer, I just need to know if I need to keep pinging this thread:
  • This change is our top priority.
  • This change is a low priority, but is on the list.
  • Lucas, your request is incomprehensible, to the point where we didn't even recognize it as a request.
  • This change is not technically possible.
  • This change is technically possible, but would require so many hours to complete that it will not happen in this lifetime.
  • This change is technically possible and easy, but improving the quality of life for game testers is not important, stop asking.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Copying via private link should be enabled now. I'm still investigating the stuff with the folders. @SudenKapala @Professor Scott please check your PMs.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
JeBuS wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm Copying via private link should be enabled now. I'm still investigating the stuff with the folders. @SudenKapala @Professor Scott please check your PMs.
Replied

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm Copying via private link should be enabled now. I'm still investigating the stuff with the folders. @SudenKapala @Professor Scott please check your PMs.
:thumbsup: :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation