A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:38 pm To summarize:
2EBC cards are listed on the 1E expansion lists page.
2EBC cards are searchable via the 1E card search.
2EBC cards appear when using the random 1E card feature.
Thread necro (because I normally do not go into non-1E forums):

I don't see any 2EBC cards on the 1E expansion lists page (assuming you mean https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php).

2EBC are only found if you explicitly tell the search to show them by setting the "Expansion Edition" filter to something other than the default "1st Edition".

2EBC cards do still show up when using "random card".

>>>

I can understand the reasoning in having some ways to find 2EBC cards for those who still want them (like the "include2ebc=1" parameter for /1e/traits.php), but I don't understand the reasoning in having 2EBC cards show up in "random card".
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
patrick wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:51 am
I don't see any 2EBC cards on the 1E expansion lists page (assuming you mean https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php).

2EBC are only found if you explicitly tell the search to show them by setting the "Expansion Edition" filter to something other than the default "1st Edition".
That's the thing though. You just explained how they do show up on the 1E expansion list page.

I personally don't like the intermingling of games, either. But it's a real thing, that was official by Decipher standards, and so there are and will continue to be a bunch of people out there who prefer it that way. To completely exclude it is to lose an audience. Whereas to include it introduces very little in the way of cost to folks like you and me, who prefer not to see it.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
suggestion: Could a second "random" button be added? One for w/2EBC and one w/o?

i'm one of those people that likes using the random button to pop up some card i've not seen in a while to see if can spark some deck building inspiration, but since i can't bring 2EBC to a tournament, see those pop up just wastes time.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Takket wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:56 pm suggestion: Could a second "random" button be added? One for w/2EBC and one w/o?

i'm one of those people that likes using the random button to pop up some card i've not seen in a while to see if can spark some deck building inspiration, but since i can't bring 2EBC to a tournament, see those pop up just wastes time.
Could it? Yes.
Will it? No. Cluttering the menu is a bad result for a use that could be solved by clicking the existing link again.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:11 pm Will it? No. Cluttering the menu is a bad result for a use that could be solved by clicking the existing link again.
If clicking a link again is an option, could not the folks who want to see a BC card just go to the random 2E link and click it until they get a BC card?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:54 pm
JeBuS wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:11 pm Will it? No. Cluttering the menu is a bad result for a use that could be solved by clicking the existing link again.
If clicking a link again is an option, could not the folks who want to see a BC card just go to the random 2E link and click it until they get a BC card?
No dearth of options. :shifty:

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 pm
patrick wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:51 am

That's the thing though. You just explained how they do show up on the 1E expansion list page.
I was talking about the search page, but I see now that there is also a"Filter Expansions by Card Pool" thingie at the top on the expansion list page.
I personally don't like the intermingling of games, either. But it's a real thing, that was official by Decipher standards, and so there are and will continue to be a bunch of people out there who prefer it that way. To completely exclude it is to lose an audience. Whereas to include it introduces very little in the way of cost to folks like you and me, who prefer not to see it.
Oh well... It's not that hard to just hit "random card" again in case you get a 2EBC card. The odds are low for that to happen anyways.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i'm going to raise my hand on this again..........

now that the WB94/WB95/SB card lists have been added to the directory, basically 1000+ additional cards were just added and ~1500 cards are now under premier. i was using random card last night and every other hit was a premier card with no image. This renders the random card mechanic practically useless.

Can we at least exclude the three new premier sets from random card and limit it to the BB premier set only?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation