A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Can we please have a confirmation dialogue pop up when you click PM+Quote (or simply remove PM+Quote) on the forums.

It's so easy to click that instead of the normal quote button especially since it's on the end. Putting the normal quote button on the end might fix 90% of the times where I am hitting the wrong button also.

Thanks,
Joseph
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
If I did either of those things, I'd get complaints in the other direction. A confirmation dialogue will get complaints of being more "inefficient", since it requires extra interaction to reach the same result. Moving it will simply cause everyone else to do things they didn't mean to do.

Can you think of a way to differentiate the private message page itself, to help users like you realize they aren't where they think they are?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:06 am If I did either of those things, I'd get complaints in the other direction. A confirmation dialogue will get complaints of being more "inefficient", since it requires extra interaction to reach the same result. Moving it will simply cause everyone else to do things they didn't mean to do.

Can you think of a way to differentiate the private message page itself, to help users like you realize they aren't where they think they are?
On the flip side, can we get the PM+Quote button on the mobile side?

There's been plenty of times I've been out and about and wanted to PM somebody in response to a post and couldn't and I've never understood why the functionally between browser and mobile is so different.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:17 am On the flip side, can we get the PM+Quote button on the mobile side?

There's been plenty of times I've been out and about and wanted to PM somebody in response to a post and couldn't and I've never understood why the functionally between browser and mobile is so different.
Hmm... I never noticed it wasn't there. Yes, I'll add it to the mobile dropdown.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:42 am @Armus
Should be there now.
:thumbsup:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think if the PM + Quote button wasn't the one on the far right, I would hit it less often. Swapping it with Reply with Quote would probably help the situation.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]