A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello,

At least the hyperlinks part of this old multi-bug thread* seems to have returned. :(

There are many links (previously functional) in some of my deck list pages (i.e., inserted in the strategy notes with simple HTML tags). They are often integral to my understanding of my own decks. :P Now, in the edit mode/form/window, the URL part of such tags is empty; and when viewed, the page displays a hyperlink tag, but it will only lead back to the same deck list page -- never to the actual, original page.

Not all my decks are affected. At least this one is.

WARNING for the general populace -- editing and saving old, affected pages will destroy any links that previously worked!

I'm positive the problem was previously solved, and the links in affected pages (which I had not, in the mean time, updated) had been restored.

*: Sorry about that mess, if you need to delve back into it. At first I thought it had to do with one root cause... and I'm still/again confused. Hence I linked to as much info as possible, here.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
There doesn't appear to be any problem with the code. I just tested it myself and the links work fine. The only thing I can think of is that you are putting in badly formatted links which are being scrubbed because they're broken.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for looking into it! (Somehow I had expected Markus to react, but nice to see you as well. :) )

But the links did work in the past! :( And I can imagine entering 1 faulty one, but this is a structural problem for that deck page. (And I usually check all links after reloading/viewing, not in the least because of that history.)

I don't dare edit/try too much, now...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The deck I linked to (in OP) still has void links. :neutral:

(I doubt it, but it could be that I edited/saved its strategy notes after the bug popped back in, thus permanently 'destroying' the links? I remember working on it for only a short while, so that would be a terrible coincidence.)

Oh. Shoot. I now see that many other decks have their links mucked up. :(

But thanks for investigating! If you need any info, let me know.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:05 pm @SudenKapala If they were saved while the bug was occurring, then yeah, those links are gone.
I assumed so, yes. But this problem has cropped up before; and it's simply impossible that all those tens of decks that I just tried, would have been saved -- without me ever having noticed it; especially knowing of the bug's existence -- without subsequent checks.

To go into more detail -- I usually create a copy of important decks that I save and edit, and would not have deleted the previous versions, had I seen that the links became void.

So I still believe know that I saved at least most of the decks when the bug was not occuring... The time range also seems too broad; too old and too new decks are affected (while others are not)...

I might use 'non-standard' characters -- but nothing TOO non-standard, I think. Could they have something to do with it? Is there a reason that only I seem to have this problem?
(I'm clutching at straws, here. :cross: Marillion pun intended.)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote:Is there a reason that only I seem to have this problem?
There aren't many people who use links in their deck lists. (Your decks account for about 20% of all decks which use links.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:21 pm
SudenKapala wrote:Is there a reason that only I seem to have this problem?
There aren't many people who use links in their deck lists. (Your decks account for about 20% of all decks which use links.)
Whaaaaah! Seriously!? :lol: I totally hadn't expected that. OTOH, maybe I need more external help/reminders... :mrgreen: (But some of the links are nostalgic, too.)

Mostly, my links are to events, to the forum (explanations), and to other decks (e.g. from whence I modified a new iteration), to credit them.
eberlems wrote:for one you can shorten the card links.
Code: Select all
<a href="/1e/index.php?cardID=1640">Dax</a>
that would remove the & conversion.
Actually, I plan to use more card links (so thanks), but I don't have a lot of them, thus far.
What is the "& conversion"? Can I read about that somewhere, or can you briefly explain?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation