A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Ey! What have they done with the PDF of this set? The cards there have a different colour than the preview cards (or on the last PDF's)
The borders (and all what should be black) are very dark grey instead of black. The background of the Dilemma-name is much more blue than it should be.
Attachments:
PDF.jpg
PDF.jpg (445.15 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Enabran wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:47 pm Ey! What have they done with the PDF of this set? The cards there have a different colour than the preview cards (or on the last PDF's)
The borders (and all what should be black) are very dark grey instead of black. The background of the Dilemma-name is much more blue than it should be.
When I load them up into Photoshop, there's no color difference (except the usual JPG artifacts). I wonder if this is another CMYK / RGB color mode issue? Which program are you loading them in? Can you check which color mode you are loading each of them up with?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
When I load them in my browser via [DL] Expansion, the PDF from "Heroes and Demons" shows them "normal" but the PDF from "Caretaker" and "Classification: Civilian" are botched.
That's how I made the Screenshot aswell. I opened one card from the List in a seperate browser window and overlapped it over the opened ( [DL] ) PDF.

I also asked a friend to download the PDF for me, convert it into a JPEG and send it to me, because I thought it was my PC - but the same result. His Jpeg and my downloaded PFD are identic.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Enabran wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:04 pm Can you see the difference on my submitted morphogenic virus example?
Yes. But I cannot reproduce it, using any of the methods you have mentioned.

What browser (and version) are you using? What pdf renderer is your browser employing?

Lots of variables here that we can work through, if you provide them.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Thread split into Technical Difficulties.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Firefox (latest version) Don't know what renderer. Never heared from that feature.

I have opened the PDF in GIMP in RGB - same result - no black and too much blue.
When I open the JPG converted image in Photoshop there is no difference between RGB and CMYK

Photoshop:
I can open the PDF from Heroes and Demons (with the known issues of missing fonts...)
I cannot open the PDF from "Caretaker" and "Classification: Civilian"
Google translate: "There was an error opening the document. The file may be corrupt."

Your PDF creator or whatever must have changed something between Caretaker and Heroes and Demons what leads to this issues.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Enabran wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:32 pm Firefox (latest version) Don't know what renderer. Never heared from that feature.

I have opened the PDF in GIMP in RGB - same result - no black and too much blue.
When I open the JPG converted image in Photoshop there is no difference between RGB and CMYK

Photoshop:
I can open the PDF from Heroes and Demons (with the known issues of missing fonts...)
I cannot open the PDF from "Caretaker" and "Classification: Civilian"
Google translate: "There was an error opening the document. The file may be corrupt."

Your PDF creator or whatever must have changed something between Caretaker and Heroes and Demons what leads to this issues.
As far as I know, nothing changed between then and now.

What version of GIMP and Photoshop did you try? The PDF opens fine for me in Photoshop 22.5.6.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
@Enabran Please post about the Classification: Civilian PDF issues in this thread from now on.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
When nothing has changed, how can it be, that one PDF opens correctly and the other not?

The Versions of GIMP and Photoshop should be irrelevant when opening the files in Firefox.
Last edited by Enabran on Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation