A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I was on a Mobile device this morning to do a card search and found that the page would not adjust to let me enter the card type and/or name of card. The 2 E search page seems to be locked in the center of the page.

I also have found that the page seems to have the main front page locked to the center as well with additional spaces on both sides of the front page making it hard to look for anything that requires you to move the page to the right or left.

I understand that the page needs to be updated and maintained, but it also needs to be user friendly for both cell phone and mobile device users as well as those who use a computer.

Thanks for looking at this issue.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:11 pm If I may ask, what’s the best outcome for this look like in terms of end result? Cause I thought the site worked fine on my phone and iPad before this, and now on my phone I have to spend what feels like forever scrolling down to get to any 2E things on the site I use just for 2E.
When you start on the main page, is there not little Jump To buttons in the top right? 1E, 2E, and TR?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:11 am
Gorgo Primus wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:11 pm If I may ask, what’s the best outcome for this look like in terms of end result? Cause I thought the site worked fine on my phone and iPad before this, and now on my phone I have to spend what feels like forever scrolling down to get to any 2E things on the site I use just for 2E.
When you start on the main page, is there not little Jump To buttons in the top right? 1E, 2E, and TR?
Yeah but I'm not sure that's making the argument that you think it is.

From where I'm sitting it looks like somebody tried to fix what wasn't broke.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't generally use the front page, I just noticed it when I was trying to get at the Glossary the other day.

Also, he complained about scrolling, there is a solution to that already provided.

Also, I don't like the front page right now.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don’t recall seeing any such buttons, which means even if they’re there they weren’t intuitive and clear enough to find and use in my opinion.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:16 am ...
Yeah but I'm not sure that's making the argument that you think it is.

From where I'm sitting it looks like somebody tried to fix what wasn't broke.
It might look that way, but several are broken from my view of the code. Fixing only the worst parts doesn't work well in the long run.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I just browsed to the card dB pages on my phone for the first time since the changes and I REALLY like the new layout there. Nice.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
yeah normal desktop version is better on ipads than mobile version

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Now the Website is bad for PC. I do not know if it is good on the mobile, I do not use it there. But here on the PC everything is getting more and more unwieldy. Almost the half screen is unused / white.
When I look at a card the columns for "Deck Player Date Format" are so small that it takes many lines just for the players name. If the Deck has a funny long name it will take up to many many lines.
The first Edition card search now is a click orgy. Fonts are too big, spaces too huge.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Are all these website/Mobile changes the result of an attempt to fix some that went wrong, (in which case, can't you simply rollback the changes), or an earnest attempt to fix something that was unbroken?
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
There won't be a rollback, some security bugs are being closed, more modern code used and also frontend redesigned. Mobile browser does not always behave the same as slim desktop browser.
UI/UX position is still open for almost 2 years now.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:38 pm There won't be a rollback, some security bugs are being closed, more modern code used and also frontend redesigned. Mobile browser does not always behave the same as slim desktop browser.
UI/UX position is still open for almost 2 years now.
The Security stuff I get. I know it can be a thankless job, so let me just say Thanks for keeping the site code up to date. :cheersL:
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]