A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm fairly sure that, at one point, when you added your deck to a tournament, the deck automatically became public. When I prod people to make a deck public after it has been added to a tournament (because that's a thing I do), they often express surprise that the website doesn't do that anymore.

Can decks start being automatically public when attached to a tournament again (if, in fact, we're remembering correctly that it used to do that)? It was nice, and will save people from a Lucas PM.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Peeking at the code, it appears that it only automatically makes them public if the TD / TD2 / admin is the one who attaches the deck to the tournament. All normal users / players, it only attaches it, but does not make it public.

As far as I can tell, this code hasn't changed in 3 years. (No records further back than that, though I'd guess it hasn't changed in much longer.)

So, the question becomes, should this behavior be changed? Can anyone think of a good reason why you'd attach a deck to a tournament, but not make it public?
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
That sounds like I remember it too.
Added by a TD, the deck is linked and public.
Any other player can link the deck and it stays either private or public, but can be made public later.
I do like to add decks to an event in progress to keep track which deck is used in different events. Any time later, I can make it public, like when the event finishes to get achievements.

In what events do TDs get the deck list or just deckid, are that mostly "cool" or high level events?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
eberlems wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:14 pm In what events do TDs get the deck list or just deckid, are that mostly "cool" or high level events?
All Level 2 tournaments or higher (regionals, continentals, masters and worlds) have a deckles requirement.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:59 amAs far as I can tell, this code hasn't changed in 3 years. (No records further back than that, though I'd guess it hasn't changed in much longer.)
I'm not surprised (I've been prodding people for quite a while). I will say that I also get surprised responses from people who aren't tournament directors, so it's possible that in the more distant past the system also auto-publiced decks that regular users put in.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The problem is if the event is marked complete and a deck is not yet added, it might not retroactively flag and catch it, whereas the attaching of the deck itself could make it public. As a general practice, people don't usually attach their deck prior to the completion of their last game anyway.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]