A forum to post any bugs you may encounter while using TrekCC.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
It seems that we've reached the point where calculating ratings takes longer than the server allows. So, we're working on breaking it into smaller pieces.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:58 am It seems that we've reached the point where calculating ratings takes longer than the server allows. So, we're working on breaking it into smaller pieces.
I'm sure it's not this easy, but can you just freeze all ratings as of, say December 31, 2020 (or 2021? or 2022?) and just calculate the ratings going forward?

I'm not sure going recursively from 2008 is particularly necessary or efficient. It's not like those legacy ratings are going to change at this point...
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
The old events don't change, but the way we use the data can change.

If I'm not mistaken (and @eberlems can correct me if I'm wrong), part of the reason that a full reprocessing was triggered was a change to how drafts were classified according to Organized Play. They went from a "constructed" rating format to a "sealed" rating. Which meant we needed to go back to the start and find them all.

At least, I think that's what brought about the need to do a full reprocessing.

Then the law of unintended consequences kicked in.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:23 am The old events don't change, but the way we use the data can change.

If I'm not mistaken (and @eberlems can correct me if I'm wrong), part of the reason that a full reprocessing was triggered was a change to how drafts were classified according to Organized Play. They went from a "constructed" rating format to a "sealed" rating. Which meant we needed to go back to the start and find them all.

At least, I think that's what brought about the need to do a full reprocessing.

Then the law of unintended consequences kicked in.
Ah... that makes sense.

So in other words, it's all @LORE's fault... :wink:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:33 am So in other words, it's all @LORE's fault... :wink:
Well, he does have Treachery x2.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Professor Scott wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:58 am Well, he does have Treachery x2.
And integrity of 1, so.... I mean... what did y'all expect? :P
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Just tried to restore the tribble scores. Took way longer than expected. There are still some "features" like slow code, parallel mess, sealed/draft and handling of months old online tournament left. A bunch of achievements require completed events, which they weren't for the last days. But the first date of achievements is recorded, so these should bounce back tonight or tomorrow a few based on others.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]