Looking to find some players near you, talk about your local venues, or find a pickup game partner? Post here!

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey,

Do we have any playgroups in texas, I know He who shall not be named is down there. Specifically looking for San Antonio region. Pending potential job shift would have me headed that way.

Thanks
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I think it's perfectly fine to discuss Corbett & Co. -- still a viable playgroup that is hopefully having fun, despite several of them having bans from this particular online forum.

Problem is that, as I understand it, they're up in Denison, which is nearly the Oklahoma border, and seems to be quite a drive from San Antonio.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:55 pm I think it's perfectly fine to discuss Corbett & Co. -- still a viable playgroup that is hopefully having fun, despite several of them having bans from this particular online forum.

Problem is that, as I understand it, they're up in Denison, which is nearly the Oklahoma border, and seems to be quite a drive from San Antonio.
There's more than one Corbett in Texas, and the one I'm thinking of lives in San Antonio.

That one even may still play 1e (but probably not OTF - he's old school like that... :shifty: )

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:11 pm I thought the position of Voldemort was occupied by Unjustly?
I have lost track of who has the spot currently, seems to be a lot of competition for it
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:01 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:55 pm I think it's perfectly fine to discuss Corbett & Co. -- still a viable playgroup that is hopefully having fun, despite several of them having bans from this particular online forum.

There's more than one Corbett in Texas, and the one I'm thinking of lives in San Antonio.

That one even may still play 1e (but probably not OTF - he's old school like that... :shifty: )
Oh, perfect, then! Players in San Antonio, solved!

Who's in Denison, then? Isn't that where the annual event gets held?
Fritzinger wrote:I thought the position of Voldemort was occupied by Unjustly?
Wanna feel old? James Hoskin/RedDwarf has been inactive for so long that he has now been an inactive forum member for longer than he was an active forum member.

Which, in turn, means there's a pretty large chunk of this community that has either only very faint memories of Hoskin (like me) or none at all.

Incidentally, he's not banned and never has been. After he made a disparaging comment in 2015, acknowledged it violated the code of conduct, and dared moderators to do something, moderators (I was one at the time) gave him a warning -- no ban, because it was his first violation of the CoC. (He had received one other previous warning, but it had been vacated on appeal.)

Immediately after receiving the warning, Hoskin said "I'm never posting again," left in a huff, and never posted again.

I'm still scratching my head about it, tbh, but I was never really familiar with the wider Hoskin dramas. (There seemed to be several, but they were all concentrated in 2E.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:42 pm
Oh, perfect, then! Players in San Antonio, solved!

Who's in Denison, then? Isn't that where the annual event gets held?

John Corbett (aka KillerB aka He-who-must-not-be-named) lives in Denison.

Rob Corbett (aka TrekWars2000) lives in San Antonio and is an old school 1e and 2e player who isn't a fan of OTF so he doesn't play much these days, but him and Jason Drake (@Wambundu) helped me out big time during my Worlds 2000 run (still regret fucking up the final - they deserved better execution of that deck, it was a fucking machine)
 -  
Community Contributor
Ahhh, thank you for explaining.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Just be careful, @Mogor , from Virginia, to Florida, to Alabama to Texas, there's KCAs all over the south!

You don't want to ruin your reputation by associating with such low class reprobates as these...

:P
Attachments:
297102.jpeg
297102.jpeg (99.62 KiB) Viewed 6408 times

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I live 12 miles from Kansas in Oklahoma. Not close at all. But I also have no playgroup. So double negative?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Like I said... Corbetts are all over Texas...
Attachments:
19276.jpeg
19276.jpeg (90.36 KiB) Viewed 6369 times

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That fat guy is that you? :) But I want Corbett back as well. His dick-jokes are just hillarious. And I am gay and I never felt insulted by Corbett. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Corbett and me, together on a stage... Doing Karaoke. But I have to warn you, I can sing :) . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqv3YesdtRU

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:27 am That fat guy is that you? :) But I want Corbett back as well. His dick-jokes are just hillarious. And I am gay and I never felt insulted by Corbett. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Corbett and me, together on a stage... Doing Karaoke. But I have to warn you, I can sing :) . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqv3YesdtRU
That's not me. That's John Corbett on the left, and Rob Corbett on the right. Incidentally they were both in San Antonio tonight.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I know what Corbett looks like. I have faced him in Germany during Worlds in 2010. For him I was just a "random German jobber" :) . But that is fine. I can withstand that sort of humour. I also faced Hosp in 2019 in Vienna. He was also very nice. But what I do not understand: How could someone bash Worlds in Europe after Vienna was such a blast? The Austrians are the nicest and best hosts one could ever wish for.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Just in case anyone is watching with no context, here's what I work with: "he who shall not be named" is entirely Unjustly's own doing because he changed his forum handle to "Unjustly Banned" and since then the trek world (even IRL friends) find it more amusing than his real name.

I don't ever use the title to communicate anything genuinely controversial.

Being banned from posting (KillerB) doesn't make you un-nameable, it makes you a person who breaks the house rules sometimes, with the weird superpower of making other people march after him into bans by invoking his catchphrase.

...wait that does sound kind of like Voldemort. Call it a tie?
Last edited by Fritzinger on Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation