Looking to find some players near you, talk about your local venues, or find a pickup game partner? Post here!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Inspired by the TX and MO posts, how about a New Forum specifically for get togethers, either by state or region, by playgroup? It would be different than the Local Tournaments subforum of Organized Play. Heck, it doesn't even have to be exclusively Trek related, but posts should include Trek games. This might make it easier to find local groups for veterans, and most certainly make it easier for new players to find these posts.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I second this motion. Maybe as an off shoot of The Buzz.
the rest is a location based rant. Read at your own risk.
I live in the Void now, a vast stretch of playerless prairie located roughly in the center of the US. Since I don't travel, it would be nice to know if there are people within a few states of me that play games sometimes. I have been able to use Player Databases to locate games whenever I move out of the void, and I have done this enough to make that statement actually mean something... Dallas had a Game Locator in on of their game stores; Austin, TX, had the SJ Games Gamer Finder which worked in New Orleans, too; and this site for Cleveland, OH. But Oklahoma? Nothing. In the stretch of 20 years I have spent here, the only gamers i have found were already my friends or at a convention. And the Con goers either weren't local or were VtM players who occasionally dabbled in other games. And don't get me started there...

No, I don't have a desktop, laptop, or iDevice, so Lackey isn't an option. stop suggesting it.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:53 am No, I don't have a desktop, laptop, or iDevice, so Lackey isn't an option. stop suggesting it.
Sounds to me like somebody should send you an old laptop?

Anyway, :thumbsup: to the idea. A place to coordinate playgroups and casual play would be nice, even if the forum ends up pretty inactive overall. A little while ago, I was looking for an online game with anyone, but there was nowhere to post a "Looking for Player" thread on the forum.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
edgeofhearing wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:51 pm I would like to register my strong opposition to this suggestion. I don't want local event commentary to be segregated in some corner of the forum. I want it front and center. It matters way more than anything else we discuss anywhere on these forums.
I don't feel it would be segregated at all. I think having a forum called Local Playgroups will highlight it more than just having random unaffiliated play group forum post mixed in the rest of the posts in Gameplay (1E). Plus its less likely for such post to fall off the first page and be lost.

In fact why not put it before Gameplay (1E)?
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:59 pm In fact why not put it before Gameplay (1E)?
:thumbsup:

Nothing's more important than actual games with actual people (Lucas is exactly correct about that), so it makes sense to showcase it in the forum's most prime real estate: above Gameplay (1E).

(I guess this implies that we would be splitting up playgroup discussion by game.)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Thank you all for the feedback. We are listening and already talking about making some changes.
 -  
Community Contributor
Speaking only for myself, love it. Hopefully now I'll finally stop missing Minnesota playgroup postings.

(Especially glad to see all the hidden Operations forums moved well down the page, though that is an extremely specific thing that affects like three people.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
JeBuS wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:16 am Some changes have been made. :cross: :shifty:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation