Looking to find some players near you, talk about your local venues, or find a pickup game partner? Post here!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The Chicagoland area has a pretty good group of players. We usually hold tournaments the last Sunday of the month at Games-Plus in Mount Prospect, IL.

Shameless plug: Worlds 2021 happens October 7th - 10th at Good Games Chicago, in the City proper.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
We have a 2E tournament scheduled next for March 20th at noon in Mount Prospect, IL. If you’re available, please preregister!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Rose Sapphire wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:49 pm Hihi!

Is this group still active? I am in the Kenosha area and am looking for people to play with!
Yes! In fact our 1E Regional is on Saturday.

-  
Is there a schedule of events anywhere and are there any non-tournament days?

I've played maybe 3 times pre-pandemic and before that not since the game released, so I don't have the best grasp of the game or rules and wouldn't want to compete in an event.
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:38 am
Rose Sapphire wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:49 pm Hihi!

Is this group still active? I am in the Kenosha area and am looking for people to play with!
Yes! In fact our 1E Regional is on Saturday.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Rose Sapphire wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:12 pm Checking back in to see if there's a schedule for events or if there are ever non-tournament meet ups?
We don't normally do non-tournament meetups anymore. Most of us have kids now and that extra time for casual play just doesn't exist for us anymore.

I do have Second Edition and Tribbles events scheduled for the last Sunday in July. I'm planning to do First Edition OTF at the end of August.

If you want to come for a demo ahead of time, I would be happy to come out early.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Don't stress about the big scary word "tournament," either.

There are like 200 active players of this game in the world, no pro circuit, and all prizes are assembled for the love of the game.

A "tournament" today is just a handful of players getting together to play a few games for fun. It's nothing to worry about, and, if you're looking for some friendly players to show you the ropes and help you through a few games, an STCCG tournament is actually exactly what you're looking for.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]